Windows 10: What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility

Discus and support What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard (B75 chipset) on an assembled PC. Asus does not support it for Windows 10. I have a clean install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Olive, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Olive Win User

What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility

I have an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard (B75 chipset) on an assembled PC. Asus does not support it for Windows 10. I have a clean install of Windows 10 (I had Win7 in the past but completely reformat the hard disk and reinstall Win10 from scratch). Windows 10 seems to autoinstall every driver it needs and I have no issue in the device manager. I see there is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility for my chipset although Intel says it is preferable to install the vendor (which in my case does not exists for Windows 10). I wonder however what is this driver for? What is this driver supposed to do? Intel is pretty vague about it (just saying that it is a driver for the chipset). Does someone has an answer here? More importantly what do I loose if I don't install it.

:)

Olive, Jun 25, 2016

2. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Try to install the latest Intel H97 Chipset driver maybe resolve the problem.

Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

IT Guy Viki, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Windows had an update, blue screen error Kernel appears

Realtek Audio driver –expand Sound, Video and Game controllers

Intel Chipset – Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility:

Download Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver –expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Intel LAN Driver –expand Network adapters

Intel Management Engine Interface - expand System devices

Nvidia Graphics driver – expand Display adapters

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 25, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

The motherboard chipset drivers, along with providing drivers for Intel devices on the motherboard, also define (identify) all the devices to Windows. For example, if you did not have the drivers installed you would not be able to install drivers for devices such as the on-board (on the motherboard) sound, etc.

There are more technical issues, but the above generalizes what they do.

fireberd, Jun 25, 2016
  5. Olive Win User
    That makes sense. Thank you. But as I said, Windows 10 has picked up all the drivers it needs, including the onboard sound, onboard LAN, etc. So I suppose I don't need it.

I am usually reluctant to install vendor supplied drivers since in many cases it just add some bloated and useless stuff that slow everything down (this is very common for printers, where you end up with a bunch of useless software that automatically start at boot and remain in the background).

Olive, Jun 25, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    The Intel software does not install any "bloatware", just exactly what new drivers are available for the Intel hardware (and motherboard) in your PC. You will get the latest available for your Intel hardware (if there are any available) doing it direct from Intel.

Go to Intel | Data Center Solutions, IOT, and PC Innovation Click on Support, then click on "Downloads and Drivers" and finally, "Automatically find drivers and software".

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility - Similar Threads - Intel® Chipset Software

2. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Intel Chipset Device Software: After a clean installation of Windows 10 there is a notification to tell me I need to reboot to finish installing the Intel Chipset drivers. After a reboot and checking for Windows Updates the system is then brought fully up to date. Is it still recommended to then go to the...
  3. Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00224 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: LOW Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update...
  4. Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?

Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?: I am running Windows 10 64bit build 18362.86. According to Device Manager (System Devices), version 10.1.1.38 is installed. When I attempt to install version 10.1.1.45, Intel install states, "A newer version is already installed. Are you sure you want to downgrade?". Is...
  5. Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now

in Windows 10 News
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now: I installed Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility version 6.5.0.114 and I noticed that it installs Component drivers now! [img] What do you think about it? Component drivers used to cause me errors and run slower than just a service runs in the background. 130104
  6. Intel® 82945G Express Chipset driver for Windows 10

Intel® 82945G Express Chipset driver for Windows 10: Intel discontinued the support for 82945G Express Chipset, so my display on Windows 10 is not proper. Is there any other option for me to try to overcome the situation? Thanks in advance....
  7. what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility: Updated: This post is a duplicate of this one due to an error of manipulation (I did believe the first post was lost). Please answer in the other post. I have an assembled PC with an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS; which is not supported by Windows 10 according to the Asus Website....
  8. How to completely remove Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility?

How to completely remove Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility?: I've seen that even after official uninstaller a lot of garbage is left on the HD, XTUService running etc... Who knows exactly what and where to remove if you want to finally get rid of this tool? I deleted the service with SC DELETE but "C:\Program Files...
  9. Could not install Intel chipset driver

Could not install Intel chipset driver: Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img] The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset [img] I tried installing Intel official drivers Download Intel®...
  10. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software: Latest Intel Chipset Device Software WHQL version: 10.1.1.42 Release Date: January 17th 2016 WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link OR Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 [img] Note Release Notes New Features: Intel(R) Xeon(R)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is intel chipset installation uttility and driver

2. what is Intel chipset installation utility