Windows 10: what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

Discus and support what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updated: This post is a duplicate of this one due to an error of manipulation (I did believe the first post was lost). Please answer in the other post.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Olive, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Olive Win User

what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

Updated: This post is a duplicate of this one due to an error of manipulation (I did believe the first post was lost). Please answer in the other post.

I have an assembled PC with an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS; which is not supported by Windows 10 according to the Asus Website. My chipset is B75 thus. I think that Asus simply don't want to bother with their slightly older products (I have much more than the minimum specs to run Windows 10).

I have installed Windows 10 from scratch on it, it seems to detect and install every drivers it need with no issue; I have no warning in the device manager. If I navigate to the Intel website; there is an "Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)". They said it is generic and preferable to install the one provided by the motherboard manufacturer. In my case the motherboard manufacturer don't want to bother with Windows 10. But I wonder what's this driver for? Is Windows not able to pick everything it needs automatically? Intel is pretty vague about it and I see nowhere what precise device this driver is supposed to handle. Do someone have an answer?

:)

Olive, Jun 25, 2016

2. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Try to install the latest Intel H97 Chipset driver maybe resolve the problem.

Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

IT Guy Viki, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Windows had an update, blue screen error Kernel appears

Realtek Audio driver –expand Sound, Video and Game controllers

Intel Chipset – Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility:

Download Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver –expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Intel LAN Driver –expand Network adapters

Intel Management Engine Interface - expand System devices

Nvidia Graphics driver – expand Display adapters

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 25, 2016
  4. what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

Basically it allows Windows to find drivers for previously unknown devices, otherwise you might get this:

TairikuOkami, Jun 25, 2016
Thema:

what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

1. what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility - Similar Threads - Intel Chipset Software

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Screen glitches - Intel chipset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen glitches - Intel chipset: Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with my Notebook that is making my screen glitch and flicker like crazy, making it unusable sometimes. Hope someone can help me with this. I have a notebook with the following specs: Intel Atom x5-z8350 with Intel HD...
  4. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Intel Chipset Device Software: After a clean installation of Windows 10 there is a notification to tell me I need to reboot to finish installing the Intel Chipset drivers. After a reboot and checking for Windows Updates the system is then brought fully up to date. Is it still recommended to then go to the...
  5. Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00224 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: LOW Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update...
  6. Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?

Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?: I am running Windows 10 64bit build 18362.86. According to Device Manager (System Devices), version 10.1.1.38 is installed. When I attempt to install version 10.1.1.45, Intel install states, "A newer version is already installed. Are you sure you want to downgrade?". Is...
  7. Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?: I noticed that Intel has an updated chipset driver 10.1.1.42. It's newer than one currently installed from Asus mobo page but Asus doesn't offer this update. Do I install it? [img] [img] 80321
  8. Could not install Intel chipset driver

Could not install Intel chipset driver: Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img] The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset [img] I tried installing Intel official drivers Download Intel®...
  9. What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility

What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility: I have an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard (B75 chipset) on an assembled PC. Asus does not support it for Windows 10. I have a clean install of Windows 10 (I had Win7 in the past but completely reformat the hard disk and reinstall Win10 from scratch). Windows 10 seems to...
  10. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software: Latest Intel Chipset Device Software WHQL version: 10.1.1.42 Release Date: January 17th 2016 WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link OR Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 [img] Note Release Notes New Features: Intel(R) Xeon(R)...