Windows 10: what is making all URLs I click on load in edge?

Discus and support what is making all URLs I click on load in edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Before earlier any address I clicked on would load in my other browser. Now whatever I click loads in Edge. For example if I choose a URL in OpenOFfice... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ironfist, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

what is making all URLs I click on load in edge?

Before earlier any address I clicked on would load in my other browser. Now whatever I click loads in Edge. For example if I choose a URL in OpenOFfice it loads in edge. How Odd. I did not set this anywhere.

:)

ironfist, Jan 12, 2017
  2. TimGunter Win User

What is the process to load apps on a WM6.1 mobile computer without a phone option?

When I try to download from Microsoft's Mobile Phone Marketplace all I see is a request for a phone number. What is the process to load apps from the Microsoft Mobile Phone web site to a WM6.1 mobile computer without a phone option?

TimGunter, Jan 12, 2017
  3. What is the process to load apps on a WM6.1 mobile computer without a phone option?

Are you talking about the Windows Marketplace for Mobile? Go to mp.windowsphone.com and download the Marketplace client.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello ironfist, *Smile

It sounds like you may have set Microsoft Edge as the default program by mistake. You might check using the tutorial below to see if your other browser is still set the default program.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option6

Brink, Jan 12, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    If these are shortcuts (.url ext), W10 defaults them to Internet Browser, which MS defaults to Edge. Not to be confused with default browser. You have to go into set the file type association explicitly and set .url to open in FF or Chrome or whatever. Unfortunately, those are not offered as choices, so.....you have to choose to browse for a program, go to Program Files and choose the .exe for the browser of your choice. Setting the FF or Chrome browser for all it can open will not pick up .url.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. what is making all URLs I click on load in edge? - Similar Threads - making URLs click

2. How to display full URL in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to display full URL in Edge?: I have disabled 2 flags, but it seems to work only on some webpages, not on http? Code: #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains The problem is that I block port 80, so I need to add "s" to open it. HTTPS redirect...
  3. How to speed up Edge and make it load faster

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Edge and make it load faster: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium now offers a better experience than Google’s Chrome even though they […] This article How to speed up Edge and make it load faster first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. what's URL Number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what's URL Number: i need to know myURL number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-url-number/56670643-449c-4546-83cb-b054f024445e
  5. Edge open URL in new Windows

Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  6. What is the URL for this laptop?

What is the URL for this laptop?: How do I find the URL for this laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-url-for-this-laptop/ce7a1149-01c6-4b64-bf72-bdab0c047131
  7. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  8. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  9. Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab: Hello. I noticed that my most visited websites (when you left click the search / URL tab in Edge) doesn't show up anymore. I also noticed a strange behavior most likely related to this: the CPU usage went up 40% when I clicked on it and when I visit new websites. It only...
  10. Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop: Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy. Thank you. 100390