Windows 10: What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification)

Discus and support What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Microsoft SignTool uses undocumented 0x8000 flag on dwProvFlags field of WINTRUST_DATA in call to WinVerifyTrust for checking digital signature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dragokas, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Dragokas Win User

What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification)

Hi,

Microsoft SignTool uses undocumented 0x8000 flag on dwProvFlags field of WINTRUST_DATA in call to WinVerifyTrust for checking digital signature of driver:

signtool /kp "file.sys"

What does that flag mean?

Thank you,

Alex.

:)

Dragokas, Aug 17, 2018

2. Permanent disable Driver signature verification

Hello.

I have Win 10 Home 64 bit.

I use a third party USB connected Fax. Its driver has no Microsoft signature. I want to disable the Microsoft enforce driver signature verification permanently because the Fax is working in this mode only.

I did the following action:

• CMD (as admin) ->bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
    It doesn't work.

I don't have the GP therefore I can't disable this Policy.

I found some solution by using The Registry but I don't know how to implement it and I'm afraid to spoil the OS.

Please help to resolve the problem.

Best regards.

Marina

marinamarina4, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Adding signature...

Hi kathy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Please follow the below steps to add signature on mail app.

Step 1.

• Go the browser and open Outlook.com and log-in on the email.
    • Click on gear box go to option.
    • Locate for the Formatting, font and signature and click on it.
    Once you create the signature go to mail app to turn on the signature option. Follow the below steps:

Step 2.

• Open the mail app click on
      gear box

• Now click on option and turn on the
      signature option.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 17, 2018
  4. What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification)

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification)

1. What is mean 0x8000 flag in WINTRUST_DATA (signature verification) - Similar Threads - mean 0x8000 flag

2. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this white surrender flag icon mean: What do you mean when you say eject icon in task bar? Do I surrender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-white-surrender-flag-icon-mean/d07bf203-e5f8-49f1-9306-804f73e32986
  3. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does this white surrender flag icon mean: What do you mean when you say eject icon in task bar? Do I surrender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-white-surrender-flag-icon-mean/d07bf203-e5f8-49f1-9306-804f73e32986
  4. what does this white surrender flag icon mean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What does this problem signature mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this problem signature mean?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7fParameter 1: 8Parameter 2: ffffe301a11a5e70Parameter 3: 1000Parameter 4: fffff80196a8d779OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033 The link to the file I...
  6. What does this problem signature mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this problem signature mean?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7fParameter 1: 8Parameter 2: ffffe301a11a5e70Parameter 3: 1000Parameter 4: fffff80196a8d779OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033 The link to the file I...
  7. Verify Authenticity by signature verification Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify Authenticity by signature verification Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to verify a signature of a file using my windows 10 and I believe I might have reached an egg and chicken problem, looking forward some pros advices.I was trying to verify the signature of the Maven binary https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi, so I found...
  8. Verify Authenticity by signature verification Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify Authenticity by signature verification Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to verify a signature of a file using my windows 10 and I believe I might have reached an egg and chicken problem, looking forward some pros advices.I was trying to verify the signature of the Maven binary https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi, so I found...
  9. WHAT IS THIS MEAN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT IS THIS MEAN: my internet stops always get saying NO INTERNET SECURED when trying to connect have to run troubleshooter? [ATTACH] what is wermgr have caution thing by it and what does it do...
  10. disable Driver Signature Verification and then install driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable Driver Signature Verification and then install driver: I'm trying to install the driver for asus xonar soundcard, and windows reports an error that the digital signature of an object could not be verified [ATTACH] The solution to this issue, proposed by asus here: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1044486 suggests disabling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does 0x8000