Windows 10: What is my Build Number?

Discus and support What is my Build Number? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is a quick and easy way to find what build number I am currently running? That info does not show in System Properties. 38740 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TV2, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

What is my Build Number?

What is a quick and easy way to find what build number I am currently running?
    That info does not show in System Properties.

:)

2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Jan 26, 2016
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Jan 26, 2016
  4. WildOne Win User

What is my Build Number?

search windows box run "winver" without quotes....

WildOne, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Ask Cortana.

What is my Build Number? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 26, 2016
  7. AWRosey Win User
    Here is an interesting discrepancy using the two methods above:

AWRosey, Jan 26, 2016
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

What is my Build Number?

Winver = nice! Thanks.

Can,t believe I missed that tutorial Shawn. *Redface

Cortana turned OFF on this machine (it is not a phone).

9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It seems Cortana is dyslexic... LOL

eLPuSHeR, Jan 26, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm......

Edwin, Jan 27, 2016
  11. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    An example of New School vs Old School?

Cortana/Siri is a cute idea. I'm sure it entertains the children.

Thema:

What is my Build Number?

1. What is my Build Number? - Similar Threads - Build Number

2. My Build number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Build number: My Build number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-build-number/0416772d-f225-41a2-8d53-c8a0fe242ac5
  3. My Build number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Build number: My Build number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-build-number/0416772d-f225-41a2-8d53-c8a0fe242ac5
  4. Windows 11 Build Numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Build Numbers: Kind of a dumb question but you know the only dumb question is the question not asked....But in Windows 11 build numbers, shouldn't a NON-Insider build number 22621.xxxx be different than say the Release Preview Channel?...
  5. Windows 11 Build Numbers

Windows 11 Build Numbers: Kind of a dumb question but you know the only dumb question is the question not asked....But in Windows 11 build numbers, shouldn't a NON-Insider build number 22621.xxxx be different than say the Release Preview Channel?...
  6. KB5020030 does not match my OS build number, should it be installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5020030 does not match my OS build number, should it be installed?: I have an Optional Quality Update Available KB5020030. I have Windows 10 Home 22H2 OS Build 19045.2251. My OS build is not in the update. I am unable to hide the update using "wushowhide". Do I need to install this Optional update? How do I get rid of it??...
  7. KB5020030 does not match my OS build number, should it be installed?

KB5020030 does not match my OS build number, should it be installed?: I have an Optional Quality Update Available KB5020030. I have Windows 10 Home 22H2 OS Build 19045.2251. My OS build is not in the update. I am unable to hide the update using "wushowhide". Do I need to install this Optional update? How do I get rid of it??...
  8. KB5020030 does not match my OS build number, should it be installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...
  10. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...