Windows 10: What is "MY Office"?

Discus and support What is "MY Office"? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just noticed something called "My Office" listed in the Recently Added section of my Start Menu. I did not knowingly install this and I have no idea... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sidecar Bob, Nov 22, 2017.

1. What is "MY Office"?

I just noticed something called "My Office" listed in the Recently Added section of my Start Menu. I did not knowingly install this and I have no idea what it is or where it came from.

I right clicked it and chose Run as Admin and got the Do you want to allow this app to make changes window, which I left open just long enough to see that it is from Microsoft before clicking No (I did not ask for this so I'm not going to let it do anything until I know what it is).

Anyone know what it is and how it got there?

BTW: I hate it when app developers use a common, generic term to name something. It makes it impossible for Google to find them.

:)

Sidecar Bob, Nov 22, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Nov 22, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

What is "MY Office"?

Are you using build 1709, and have you removed 'Get Office'?

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  5. Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.726

Get Office is long gone on all of our Win10 computers. I would say there was at least a year between uninstalling Get Office and the appearance of My Office.

Sidecar Bob, Nov 23, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I have the same build but no 'My Office'...

(Always helps to specify your build)

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  7. I initially wondered if it was malware but if it is from MS (maybe it came with a recent update?) it will either be something useful or crapware (not malicious but not needed either). I don't want to run it until I know for sure it is useful.

8. Plankton Win User

What is "MY Office"?

Post a screen shot of it please.

Plankton, Nov 23, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    Well well.....just did a search for "my office" in the MS store.......it's listed there and it says it's installed. WTH! So now I went to the start menu to have a look and sure enough it's listed there in the M section. I also have "Get Office", neither of which I have clicked on or opened. I do have Office 2016 Pro Plus installed.

This is a 2 day old clean install of 1709 from a new MS MCT ISO to a DVD.

So clicking on the "My Office in MS Store; the description says it for Office 365 to allow access to your 365 subscription benefits from one spot. So there you have it.

Plankton, Nov 23, 2017
  10. Since I don't have any version of MS Office and don't foresee any reason to ever want/need it is it a safe assumption that it is crapware and I can delete it then?

11. Plankton Win User
    Yes...you sure can. What do you use for an office suite?

Plankton, Nov 23, 2017
  12. Done.

99.99% of the time I have no use for an office suite; I almost never do anything that requires any more word processing than Wordpad and when someone sends me something that I need to look at with something more (maybe 2-3 times per year) I have LibreOffice.

13. What is "MY Office"?

Hi, guys, yesterday I clean-installed 1709 again and I noticed the new My Office appeared after uninstalling Get Office. However I just uninstalled it with the normal right-click way. Both are gone now, hopefully.
    In the Store when you type My Office from the search bar, it shows an app called My Office. When you click on it, it redirects to Get Office... Obviously it is the same app being forced to be installed from more users.
    Recently I also switched to LibreOffice - nice GUI, very customizable and has the same as MS Office does. And it's free...

Ivan Petrov, Nov 24, 2017
  14. Hi,
    Yep probably past time to give Libre a try *Smile
    I used it a little in mint mate it seemed fine once I installed an MS font pack to view... existing MS doc files.

ThrashZone, Nov 24, 2017
  15. MBerkO Win User
    Hi, I have the same problem. How can I solve it? Please, help me.

What is "MY Office"? [​IMG]

MBerkO, Dec 24, 2017
Thema:

What is "MY Office"?

1. What is "MY Office"? - Similar Threads - Office

2. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  3. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  4. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  5. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  6. Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...: Have created a circle but now need specific sections deleted say from 1:00 to 2:00 and 6:00 to 8:00. How can I go about doing this without using "arc" or covering over parts of the circle? Arc is hard to figure out how to use......
  7. Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...: Have created a circle but now need specific sections deleted say from 1:00 to 2:00 and 6:00 to 8:00. How can I go about doing this without using "arc" or covering over parts of the circle? Arc is hard to figure out how to use......
  8. Ultra Office drawing. How can I cut/delete portions of a circle, needing specific sections...

9. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...
  10. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...