Windows 10: What is New in G Suite - May 2018

Discus and support What is New in G Suite - May 2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from May 2018. Source: G Suite Updates Blog:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

What is New in G Suite - May 2018

Brink, Jun 5, 2018

2. Drive G

Microsoft is aware that previously-hidden partitions are improperly being assigned drive letters after installing the April 2018 Update. As a result, they now appear in Disk Management and File Explorer. These partitions are typically recovery partitions
    used by the Windows Recovery Environment or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is not recommended that you attempt to delete or reformat these partitions as this may have adverse effects on your ability to recover Windows. Microsoft is currently working
    to address the issue in a future Windows Update, and we’ll update this thread when a solution becomes available.

(Update 5/14/18: The solution that will soon be released via Windows Update will only prevent this issue from occurring for devices that install the April 2018 Update after the solution is released. If you've already installed the April 2018 Update and are
    experiencing this issue, you'll need to follow the steps below if you want to hide these partitions.)

Although you can safely ignore these partitions, if you prefer do away with the low disk space warnings and hide the partitions so they no longer appear in File Explorer, you can do so by manually removing the partition’s assigned drive letter. To do this:

1. In Cortana, type cmd and press Enter. Then right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “G”, note the volume number for Drive G.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive G is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=G

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2018
  3. May 25, 2018 update.

Why were 14 programs downloaded as an update on May 25, 2018?

AJBell1946, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

What is New in G Suite - May 2018

1. What is New in G Suite - May 2018 - Similar Threads - Suite May 2018

2. Google introduces your new home for work in G Suite

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces your new home for work in G Suite: Virtual meetings, remote collaboration, flexible hours: itâ&#128;&#153;s becoming clear that these new ways of working are here to stay. In my conversations with customers and business leaders since the onset of COVID-19, Iâ&#128;&#153;ve seen workplace transformation go from...
  3. What is New in Google G Suite in September 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Google G Suite in September 2019: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from August 2019. Archive and translated versions (coming soon for September issue) Source: G Suite Updates Blog: What's New in G Suite - September 2019 141775
  4. What is New in G Suite for June 2019 - launch recap and survey

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in G Suite for June 2019 - launch recap and survey: [ATTACH] Launch recap: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from June 2019. Survey: Please fill out this survey to let us know how you use this monthly recap. We'll use your feedback to improve the document...
  5. New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

in Windows 10 News
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts: What’s changing We’re updating how 2-Step Verification works for G Suite. This will make new 2-Step Verification methods available for some devices, and update the 2-Step Verification user interface on mobile and desktop devices. There are three key impacts: New 2-Step...
  6. What is New in G Suite for February 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in G Suite for February 2019: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from February 2019. [ATTACH] Featured launch: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise [ATTACH] Work together Manage workflows and automate processes...
  7. Outlook configuration not working with G-Suite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook configuration not working with G-Suite: Hi I have a g-suite email with 2 step verification. I wanted to use Outlook for email. So I did create an app password from g-suite security , but Outlook keeps asking for password input as if it does not acknowledge the app password. so i deactivated the 2 steps...
  8. New ways to collaborate safer, smarter and simpler with G Suite

in Windows 10 News
    New ways to collaborate safer, smarter and simpler with G Suite: oGPc_o-e4BQ Over the last decade we’ve witnessed the maturation of G Suite—from the introduction of Gmail and Google Docs to more recent advancements in AI and machine learning that are powering, and protecting, the world's email. Now, more than 4 million paying businesses...
  9. What is New in G Suite - June 2018

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in G Suite - June 2018: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from June 2018. Archive and translated versions (coming soon for June issue) Source: G Suite Updates Blog: What's New in G Suite - June 2018 113573
  10. Gmail vs G Suite

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail vs G Suite: I've been using Gmail forever but now I'm looking at G Suite so that I can use my own domain name in my email. I've looked around and Google doesn't offer the option to use your own domain name if you don't sign up for a G Suite subscription. Except for the fact that G...