Windows 10: What is Service.exe

Discus and support What is Service.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently a random new tab opened in chrome and this freaked me out a bit. So, I decided to check task manager. I found a task in task manager named... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Speedeo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Speedeo Win User

What is Service.exe

Recently a random new tab opened in chrome and this freaked me out a bit. So, I decided to check task manager. I found a task in task manager named Service.exe. I’ve done some research and I belive its a program for Lenovo keyboards. It has no security details. I went to the folder its stored in, it was named jme soft, which I’ve heard is a lenovo folder. If this program was made by Lenovo I would think it would at least have some details like, Lenovo Driver or something on it. Anyway I am not really sure what it is or whats going on. Right now I belive it may be a lenovo thing, but I am not really sure. Also I did check my installed programs, and ran some av scans and anti-malware scans.

:)

Speedeo, Aug 16, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

What is Service.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

What is Service.exe

1. What is Service.exe - Similar Threads - Service exe

2. I keep getting 8198 listed service activation slui.exe. exe failed with the following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting 8198 listed service activation slui.exe. exe failed with the following...: Not sure what it is really can't play games because some reason epic games is crashing I think it's because of windows maybe shutting it down i don't know...
  3. I keep getting 8198 listed service activation slui.exe. exe failed with the following...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting 8198 listed service activation slui.exe. exe failed with the following...: Not sure what it is really can't play games because some reason epic games is crashing I think it's because of windows maybe shutting it down i don't know...
  4. many 4673 related to system services .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    many 4673 related to system services .exe files: hello im getting frequently 4673 events priveleged service called and related to them processes is RuntimeBroker.exeBackgroundTaskHost.exe and more. why does this happen? how to avoid getting this log messages?...
  5. many 4673 related to system services .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many 4673 related to system services .exe files: hello im getting frequently 4673 events priveleged service called and related to them processes is RuntimeBroker.exeBackgroundTaskHost.exe and more. why does this happen? how to avoid getting this log messages?...
  6. many 4673 related to system services .exe files

7. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  8. How to disable windows services exe

How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  9. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe

Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe: Hello,When we run our application\exe Services and controller app cpu utilization increases. What are all the application types Services and controller app sensitive to ? Is there any way we can stop this from happening ?...