What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:33 PM.

1. akkha Win User

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:49 AM
Thema:

What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - SMB Direct Features

1. Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?: Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151
  2. Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please

in Windows 10 Support
    Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please: Hi guys! I recently clean installed Windows 10 RS4 April 2018 update on my Laptop. So far so good. After a while I noticed that I couldn't see my others computers (one is a PC and the other one is a server). I investigated and after catching up I realized it was because SMB...
  3. Cybersecurity for SMB??

in Windows 10 Support
    Cybersecurity for SMB??: Where should a small-to-medium business begin to protect itself against cyber threats? 110000
  4. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...
  5. Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct): I'm on a WIndows 10 Pro PC accessing a linux server with samba etc installed and working well (visible via Homegroup to both Android and Windows 7 pro). From the Win 10 box, if I type the name of the server in Windows File Explorer, then the shares from the server show up...
  6. Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB): I have setup a shared drive so I can access my files with my Android devices but the transfer speed is very slow around 500 KB - 1.5 MB per second. My QNAP NAS that also using SMB is transfering very fast up to 12 MB/s. Can i increase transfer speed of SMB? 97787
  7. SMB exploitable by malware?

in Windows 10 Support
    SMB exploitable by malware?: I have some backup software that takes backups to a non-mapped NAS share. While a backup is running the cmdlet Get-SmbConnection shows Code: ServerName ShareName UserName Credential Dialect NumOpens ---------- --------- -------- ---------- ------- -------- MYBOOKLIVE...
What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? solved