Windows 10: What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018.

1. akkha Win User

What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

akkha, Jun 13, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - SMB Direct Features

2. What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop: i turned on internet wifi on modem on and connected to it on my laptop. My laptop name "DESKTOP-QLAUDBQ" connected the INTERNET THROUGH WIFI INTERNET.... it shows in network and sharing centre, name : l"local area connection* 4" Description : "Microsoft wifi direct virtual...
  3. What is the feature of future windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the feature of future windows: I want to know what is the future windows system. Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-is-the-feature-of-future-windows/e0ec97d6-6c2c-4e49-925d-1606276348f8
  4. Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD: Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". During the build, it gets to this step and then BSOD. This is a copy of the 1709 sequence that does...
  5. Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?: Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151
  6. Cybersecurity for SMB??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cybersecurity for SMB??: Where should a small-to-medium business begin to protect itself against cyber threats? 110000
  7. What is -- Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Feature

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What is -- Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Feature: I am running W10 and in the Control Panel there is an application called Backup and Restore (Windows 7). I played with it to see exactly what it was doing and I'm not sure and was hoping someone here may know what it is all about. Firstly, why is it called (Windows 7)? Is...
  8. SMB to external storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SMB to external storage: Does anyone know how to access shares on USB-connected drives via SMB/Samba from another network device? I can see them from another Windows PC, but not from anything else. Used to work under W7. 32241
  9. Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct): I'm on a WIndows 10 Pro PC accessing a linux server with samba etc installed and working well (visible via Homegroup to both Android and Windows 7 pro). From the Win 10 box, if I type the name of the server in Windows File Explorer, then the shares from the server show up...
  10. What is the "slow processor" feature?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is the "slow processor" feature?: Hello! While using Aida64, a utility that give details about hardware and software, I noticed the "slow processor" in Operating System Features: [img] What is this? Is this applicable in Windows 10? Assuming it can help performance in systems with slow CPU or low...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows feature smb direct

2. smb direct not visible

3. what is smb direct windows 10

4. what is smb direct