Windows 10: What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018.

1. akkha Win User

What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

akkha, Jun 13, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  4. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

1. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - SMB Direct Features

2. Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download): Windows 10 KB5035941 is now available as an optional update for everyone. It comes with several new features, including MSN on the lock screen. This patch is available via Windows Update, but Microsoft has published direct download links for the Windows 10 KB5035941 offline...
  3. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  4. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  5. Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Broken SMB Share

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Broken SMB Share: I have 3 laptops which all updated to the latest Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0.Somehow this update has managed to completely break our SMB share via SMB1.0 protocol Yes I am aware how obsolete, outdated and insecure SMB1.0 is, don't startUnfortunately...
  6. SMB direct for windows pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    SMB direct for windows pro: Hello, I run windows pro Note that this is not pro for workstations I was exploring the optional features of windows when I saw SMB direct, which is only available for windows 10 Pro for workstations, so is this the actual SMB direct? [ATTACH]...
  7. smb

smb: my segate external hard disk goflex home cant work with windows 10 please helppppp me make it work as i know it discontinued from segate support. thanks and waiting for yr feed back ASAP....
  8. Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD: Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". During the build, it gets to this step and then BSOD. This is a copy of the 1709 sequence that does...
  9. Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?: Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151
  10. Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct): I'm on a WIndows 10 Pro PC accessing a linux server with samba etc installed and working well (visible via Homegroup to both Android and Windows 7 pro). From the Win 10 box, if I type the name of the server in Windows File Explorer, then the shares from the server show up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smb direct

2. smb direct windows 10

3. what is smb direct

4. smb direct not visible,
  5. what is smb direct windows 10,
  6. smb direct windows feature,
  7. windows 10 SMB DIRECT,
  8. windows smb direct,
  9. windows smb features,
  10. windows features smb,
  11. enable smb direct windows 10,