What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018.

1. akkha Win User

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

akkha, Jun 13, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - SMB Direct Features

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. window update

window update: How to overcome window update Error 0x800705b4 in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-update/d45e562a-2f23-465d-bec7-3a7940e8832f
  4. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  6. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  7. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  8. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  9. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  10. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...