Windows 10: What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

Discus and support What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10? 76664 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carl Lawrence2, Feb 5, 2017.

1. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

Hello guys,

Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10?

:)

Carl Lawrence2, Feb 5, 2017

2. anti virus protectiom

what is the best "free" anti-virus protection to download ? also what are the best scanners to use to check if you have malware on your computer ? Also ho can i check to see if i have any leftover remnants on my windows 10 pc that needs to be removed before
    installing another anti virus program ? thank you for your help

Patti17701, Feb 5, 2017
  3. What is the best mobile anti-virus for my Nokia 5610?

I don't think you need to worry as the OS on your phone cannot get viruses. It run's on S40 (if you wanted to know).

Mechanimal82, Feb 5, 2017
  4. ReneM Win User

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

The question was the best What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? :)

ReneM, Feb 5, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, OK..... the best free anti-virus tool to use with Windows 10 is the grey matter between the user's ears, with Windows Defender as a backup.

NavyLCDR, Feb 5, 2017
  6. I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. *Cool

mickey12gauge, Feb 5, 2017
  7. azasadny Win User
    Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium...

azasadny, Feb 5, 2017
  8. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

TairikuOkami, Feb 5, 2017
  9. I like short and to the point

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? [​IMG]

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2017
  10. shmu26 Win User
    zemana is best
    but you don't have to limit yourself to just one, so add to it hitmanpro

shmu26, Feb 6, 2017
  11. Windows Defender, alongside Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free for periodical scanning.

However, any anti-malware solution is not going to protect you if you do not think before you download anything that may be suspicious such as cracked software, or freeware that is ad-supported, or other such things. Remember to read installers carefully for any junkware that may be installed with it (and uncheck if possible, if not possible do not install the program), and keep software up to date so you do not have any backdoors or holes in your system.

microneppy, Feb 10, 2017
  12. D4ni3l Win User
    I do the same

D4ni3l, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

1. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? - Similar Threads - best anti virus

2. Is there any recommendation of best but free virus trojan scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any recommendation of best but free virus trojan scanner?: I downloaded pirated games and I know thats wrong so I deleted it again, and I want to keep my laptop safe from hidden malware. Please anybody give me recommendation best but free antivirus/scanner software for detecting virus/malware.Device: HP Victus 15 fa0011tx, Windows 11...
  3. Is there any recommendation of best but free virus trojan scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any recommendation of best but free virus trojan scanner?: I downloaded pirated games and I know thats wrong so I deleted it again, and I want to keep my laptop safe from hidden malware. Please anybody give me recommendation best but free antivirus/scanner software for detecting virus/malware.Device: HP Victus 15 fa0011tx, Windows 11...
  4. Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner: Split from this thread.I Receantly Upgraded/Updated my Laptop from Windows 10 -to- Windows 11 because the system kept notifing me of Compatabillitie so I did, I had many various Issues the first 5/7 days with it, First - NO BACKGROUND/Desktop-Taskbar, No Desktop Icons, ~...
  5. Best free anti-virus for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best free anti-virus for Windows?: I have been using Avast but it's their relentless plugging of services and unwanted apps is what annoys me. Today it gave me an update notification saying it's been updated to latest version, and there was Okay button. What I failed to notice is the pre checked checkbox at...
  6. What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?

What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?: I was having 360 Anti Virus. But, someone has suggested AVG or Avast. I switched to AVG. But, my computer has become slow and the free service was limited to just normal scan. It was not resolving issues it has brought out. Trying to instal Avast now. Please suggest the best...
  7. What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7

What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7: I have these 7 antivirus solutions for my window 7 not knowing which to use The best Windows 7 antivirus solutions Bitdefender World's Nº 1 antivirus Bitdefender is a powerful and reliable antivirus solution that will keep hackers at bay. ... Defencebyte Antivirus Pro...
  8. Whats the Best Online Virus Scanner?

Whats the Best Online Virus Scanner?: I got win 10. Whats the best and most secure online virus scanner? 145827
  9. Best Anti-Virus Software

Best Anti-Virus Software: what is the best free antivirus [Original Title: Security.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/best-anti-virus-software/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287
  10. Best Anti-Virus?

Best Anti-Virus?: Just looking for opinions on what the best anti-virus software might be. I'm looking for something that is easy to use, does a deep thorough scan, and won't automatically quarantine on the spot. I prefer nothing that affects the kernel such as Avast. 100653