Windows 10: What is the best driver updater software for 2018?

Discus and support What is the best driver updater software for 2018? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I always thought that the computer can automatically update its application when new version came online. But yesterday i heard from my friend that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laoji, Feb 21, 2018.

1. laoji Win User

What is the best driver updater software for 2018?

Hi
    I always thought that the computer can automatically update its application when new version came online. But yesterday i heard from my friend that there are many driver updater software which are used sometimes. But i want to ask whether these updating software are important to download.
    secondly whether these software are free or i have to buy them from some website. as compare to the built in system that each computer have what more specs these software provide.
    Till now i have come across driver booster and driver identifier, driver magician, sam driver and uniblue driver scanner. I don't have authentic details on these software. So what is the best driver updater tool and specially it's new year so which software is best in 2018.
    Regards

:)

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  2. petrib Win User

What is the best free antivirus software for Nokia E72 ?

When you link, go to a questionable web site with a mobile phone, the web site does not have access to local data, and cannot install some malicious application to your phone without your knowledge, either.

That is, unless there some exploitable browser vulnerability that allows something like that, but I haven't heard of any on any Nokia phone models.

petrib, Feb 21, 2018
  3. What is the best free antivirus software for Nokia E72 ?

Hi Guys,

Can please anyone tell me, what is the best free antivirus solution for nokia E72. Does nokia E72 needs a antivirus software? Become, Im using a internet and connecting full-time to the internet using data package through my phone.

Nimbuz---01, Feb 21, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

None, I prefer doing it manually and these programs can cause problems by installing the wrong driver.

swarfega, Feb 21, 2018
  5. No. Windows philosophy is: Do not fix it, if it is not broken. Thus is does not always offer the latest drivers. If you have no problems and everything is working, the newer driver could actually break it.

Paid version usually offers an unlimited speed and automatic installation, but free version will suffice.
    Most driver updaters are desperate, in order to offer anything, they sometimes offer wrong drivers.

Driver Easy Free - finds the latest drivers.

Wise Driver Care - finds the latest WHQL drivers.

You can just use them to find the driver version and download it elsewhere:

Microsoft Update Catalog or ​Softpedia Drivers Downloads

TairikuOkami, Feb 21, 2018
  6. laoji Win User
    what are the spec of driver pack solution. is this software is free app. is it malware free program.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  7. laoji Win User
    bro can you also tell me what updating software are best for Windows 7 & 10.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

@laoji

Those places can be dodgy -- I call some of those sites "Sneakerware" - as they ostensibly find a driver and then say you have to PAY to access that part of the site.

Drivers are usually available FREE from manufacturers site - but these days unless very specialized hardware Windows itself does a pretty good job at finding them.

If you are having trouble finding what driver to use simply look at your event log, and you'll see some sort of VEN number --just google it and that will probably give you the piece of hardware that needs a driver.

For example wasn't sure about a Citrix driver I needed so go into device manager scroll down the devices, click on the one you want to see and then click the event log tab as shown here.

What is the best driver updater software for 2018? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 21, 2018
  9. laoji Win User
    Does these software put extra stress on computer because today one of the biggest problem with computers is the high CPU temperature. Almost all computer users complain that they downloaded some software and then their PC is getting overheated.
    So what do you guys say about these updating software.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  10. laoji Win User
    thanks Jimbo you provide very deep information even for a novice but it helps. i will try what you have said in a moment.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  11. laoji Win User
    can you explain what kind of problems these software can cause?

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Software of itself can't cause overheating unless it's running the machine at 100% for long periods of time.
    Most people only use a fraction of the CPU power over a period of time - even things like Graphics cards don't blow the CPU too much as they have their own built in processors.

Now on a home build PC if cooling space is restricted or a fan fails then CPU can get overheated - another cause is if you fix your CPU to the mobo yourself on a home build then ensure heat sink is properly attached. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 21, 2018
  13. laoji Win User

Jimbo i now know that you are pro in this firld but i am not. That's why i am asking this kind of question just to clear my mind. but i have heard that now a days software downloading sites embed some malware or virus which effects the performance of OS and in this situation processors have to work more to enhance the performance or to get rid of that thing. in this case CPU starts overheating.
    May be what i have stated is false but sometimes its actually happens. so what do you say when this situation arises. is there any software which can diagnose these problems and fix it.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
  14. use windows update,its safe and fast*Biggrin

thepro1421, Feb 21, 2018
  15. laoji Win User
    can you please give me more details as i am collecting info on driver updater and i also want to install best software. Can you tell me which site is best to download.

laoji, Feb 21, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the best driver updater software for 2018? - Similar Threads - best driver updater

2. What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...: I want to buy AI text-to-speech software that will read web pages to me and sound natural. What the best one? I also want to buy speech-to-text software so I can type with my voice. What the best one? Ideally it can learn names and new slang also. Currently use PC. Could...
  3. What is the best Antiviruse software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best Antiviruse software?: Please name the best Antiviruses software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-antiviruse-software/63bd7110-b391-4907-ab3b-d450285b6fc6
  4. What is the best software for downloading videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best software for downloading videos?: i would like to download a video presented buy intel called "How Wonderful Gets Done in 2021" found at How Wonderful Gets Done 2021 Event ' What downloader would you recommend? 177967
  5. Best Driver checker software ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Driver checker software ?: Hey everyone, can somebody tell me which application is the best for checking the latest drivers ? Usually i update the most important like gpu,cpu stuff manualy but i would love to update everything else too. Thank you submitted by /u/swordytv [link] [comments]...
  6. What is the best driver updater software for my Windows systems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best driver updater software for my Windows systems?: I need the best Windows drivers for my personal systems. Because Some time ago I purchased a new HP laptop. Right now my laptop is working properly. But I need the appropriate driver for webcam work on my laptop. Because of the correct drivers will help the hardware on my...
  7. What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?: Hi, I've always used Driver Booster by Iobit to update my drivers, but sometimes it installs the wrong drivers (especially in regards to Realtek Audio drivers). Windows Update also doesn't do a very good job of finding missing drivers or updating old ones. And also my...
  8. What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?: Hi, I've always used Driver Booster by Iobit to update my drivers, but sometimes it installs the wrong drivers (especially in regards to Realtek Audio drivers). Windows Update also doesn't do a very good job of finding missing drivers or updating old ones. And also my...
  9. What is the best method of Moving Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best method of Moving Software: I have a New computer with windows installed on a 500 GB M.2 SSD drive. I want to first Partition a new 1 TB M.2. SSD drive and migrate everything to the larger SSD drive. My older Windows 10 Computer has a 1 TB SSD drive C, one 1 TB drive D and 3 2 TB drives E-F and L. Some...
  10. What is the best anti-malware software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best anti-malware software?: What is the best anti-malware software? 89402