Windows 10: What is the best email to have?

Discus and support What is the best email to have? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What is the best email to have? My provider screw my email up so I'm asking what would the be the best email to have no matter what provider you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lostsoul65, Apr 4, 2017.

1. What is the best email to have?

What is the best email to have?

My provider screw my email up so I'm asking what would the be the best email to have no matter what provider you have?

:)

lostsoul65, Apr 4, 2017

2. What is the best way to sync my email?

1. Depending on what kind of license you have, you COULD install Outlook 2013 on your Surface 3 as well. The rest depends on how you have configured your email. If you don't download to an offline local pst (as opposed to keeping in the cloud) mail should
    sync both ways.

2. The built in light weight Mail App in Windows 10 can also be used. Or you can use both.

You don't mention your email provider, but if you are using an Exchange Server, Outlook.com mail, Google or ISP mail that supports IMAP, you should be OK.

Barb Bowman, Apr 4, 2017
  3. What is the best way to sync my email?

I have a desktop PC and am running Outlook 2013 as my email client. I have just purchased a Surface 3. I intend to use the Surface 3 as a "travel" PC. Both devices are running Win 10. What is the best way to sync my email on both devices??

I would like to be able to access my email when traveling and be able to delete the useless emails while responding to those emails which required a response. Then, when I get home, I could access my email thru my Outlook 2013 client and not be bothered
    with those I had deleted while traveling. Clear? I know there must be a way, but so far, I have not figured it out.

Thanks,

Steve Martinez

SteveMartinez45, Apr 4, 2017
  4. What is the best email to have?

I use Thunderbird, works well has a spam filter and calendar

Josey Wales, Apr 4, 2017
  5. pparks1 Win User
    Gmail. You can get from anywhere and you dont have to store a darn thing.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Do you mean an E-mail account or Client SW ?
    I use multiple ones for different content and use, most are disposable ones for casual use. Main ones are Hotmail (serious stuff), Gmail (no client, just live) for everyday use and some other ones of which one is 15 years old.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2017
  7. I settled on gmail for the positive reasons mentioned above.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 4, 2017
  8. What is the best email to have?

I would avoid outlook, it kept loosing my emails and I have checked a week ago, still the same.
    Gmail is an obvious choice, I use it for spam, so when I register somewhere, I put in gmail.
    It also depends, if you are going to use webmail or email client with IMAP, POP3 support.
    I use mail.ru, but some providers do not accept emails from it, they consider it as spam.

Comparison of webmail providers - Wikipedia

Top Free Email Services for 2017

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2017
  9. Gmail is an obvious choice, I use it for spam, so when I register somewhere, I put in gmail.
    It also depends, if you are going to use webmail or email client with IMAP, POP3 support.
    I use mail.ru, but some providers do not accept emails from it, they consider it as spam.

Is there any advantage for using IMAP and POP3 support over Gmail?

lostsoul65, Apr 4, 2017
  10. Email: Whats the Difference Between POP3, IMAP, and Exchange?

That depends, how many emails do you receive, how many devices you use to access it and so on.
    I use an extension within a browser to notify me about emails, once closed, emails do not bother me.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2017
  11. Helmut Win User
    Why not just try them and find out for yourself. It takes years, that is the only way.
    Outlook Mail and Gmail are the two big providers.

I use both. They have equally complex settings running to many pages, irritating if you just want a simple mail facility. For me over many years Gmail access was lost twice.

I changed to IMAP access about 4 years ago it is the modern way particularly if you have more than one device receiving mail.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is the best email to have?

1. What is the best email to have? - Similar Threads - best email

2. I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to...: I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to change my sign on email and eventually delete the old/hacked email address?...
  3. I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to...: I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to change my sign on email and eventually delete the old/hacked email address?...
  4. I suspect the email address associated with my MS sign on was hacked. What is best way to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change Microsoft Authenticator email recovery account. What is best practice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change Microsoft Authenticator email recovery account. What is best practice?: Hi, I'm a bit confused with by what I've done with Microsoft Authenticator. Recently my phone died I've been going through the process of fixing up all my 2FA accounts. I lost them all because I was using Google Authenticator. For Microsoft Authenticator - I have set a...
  6. Have legal issue where lawyer want all past emails related. Best way?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Have legal issue where lawyer want all past emails related. Best way?: Hello! I have a situation where my company is involved in a lawsuit. The lawyers want a copy of all incoming and outgoing emails to & from this company. I have 4 or 5 people who have sent me emails (over 100) across 3 departments. We have MS Office 365 and I would like to...
  7. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10: I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent. the email is from a very trusted business source https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat-file-received-as-email-attachment-how-is-it/39f816d0-67ab-4f5c-8041-31126386f883"
  8. The best tool to send thousands of emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The best tool to send thousands of emails: For employees in the field of e-marketing I give you the best tool to send thousands of emails http://shortadz.net/VX2y
  9. Best Email App

in Browsers and Email
    Best Email App: I've used Windows 10 mail app since the beginning. Recently I've had a lot more spam then usual due to the holidays. I've set my virus protection on emails to a higher level and that has helped. But still, I'm looking for a more feature filled email program with better...
  10. Best Multi-User Email App?

in Browsers and Email
    Best Multi-User Email App?: Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person. So,...