Windows 10: What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service

Discus and support What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! So , i recently made some settings for the windows update service . I set the startup type to ,, manual " for this service. Now , what is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marinel Cipu, Aug 17, 2018.

1. What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service

Hello! So , i recently made some settings for the windows update service . I set the startup type to ,, manual " for this service. Now , what is the default startup type for the windows update service? Is it automatic ( delayed start ) ? Because i i forgot the default value that was set before.

:)

Marinel Cipu, Aug 17, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 17, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 17, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service

1. What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service - Similar Threads - default startup type

2. State repository service and startup type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  3. State repository service and startup type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  4. Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change: Hi I'm already desperate to solve this problem. I want to do Windows Update but it always error. It's always disabled by itself. Please help me because this is urgent. Thank you...
  5. Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change: Hi I'm already desperate to solve this problem. I want to do Windows Update but it always error. It's always disabled by itself. Please help me because this is urgent. Thank you...
  6. Not able to change startup type of windows update service from disabled to any other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to change startup type of windows update service from disabled to any other: So i have windows 10 installed on my computer since the day i bought it and recently have been facing an issue where when i go to settings>>update, the windows update screen shows blank and just keeps loading forever. When i tried to check the windows update service, the...
  7. I am unable to change startup type in services

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to change startup type in services: A setting changed somewhere. I can no longer change startup type in services. If I run services with administrator rights I get an error 5 when I try to change Windows Defender Update from manual to automatic. I had changed this to manual in error. Now everyday I get a...
  8. Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings: This batch script restores Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 services to default startup settings. Code: :: Batch Script Created by . @Echo Off & Cls :: Check if batch script executed with administrators privilege. Call :IsAdmin ::...
  9. Default startup option for WU service?

Default startup option for WU service?: I'm using a windows 10 machine x64( Professional ) with the 2018 october update installed, and I noticed that updates dont install automatically anymore. I went to services.msc and I noticed that the Windows Update service is set Manual ( Trigger Start). Is this the actual...
  10. Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties

Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties: Does anybody know how to enable Startup type in Windows update properties? It disabled for no reason and I need help to make things as they use to be....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update startup type

2. what is start up type

3. defaut startup type for BITS

4. services windows update default start up type,
  5. windows update service startup type,
  6. default windows update service,
  7. services start type windows update default,
  8. windows update service start up type,
  9. windows update service default startup type