Windows 10: What is the expand menu for?

Discus and support What is the expand menu for? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click the start menu expand button, this is the result Attachment 108277 What should I expect to see here? 68448 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Oct 30, 2016.

1. What is the expand menu for?

When I click the start menu expand button, this is the result

Attachment 108277

What should I expect to see here?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 30, 2016

2. What is the Charms menu

Thank you

CaroleAtherton1, Oct 30, 2016
  3. What is the Charms menu

The charms menu was something present in Windows 8. You could move the cursor to the right of the desktop and bring it out.

Stranger_Hanyo, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

What is the expand menu for?

You should see User and Power and any one or all of the ten in between.
    Seems there may be corruption in the rendering of your Start Menu.

What is the expand menu for? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 30, 2016
  5. Actually mine looks identical to yours, but I just copied the "blank" section.

I dont understand the purpose of having this blank section, unless it has something to do with settings related to whether to display notifications?

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is the expand menu for?

1. What is the expand menu for? - Similar Threads - expand menu

2. Search menu expands after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu expands after turning on the PC: When I start up the PC and press the windows logo key and s key the search menu expands like in the screenshot. However, when I open up search after opening the start menu it is back to normal. Why does this happen?...
  3. Search menu expands after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu expands after turning on the PC: When I start up the PC and press the windows logo key and s key the search menu expands like in the screenshot. However, when I open up search after opening the start menu it is back to normal. Why does this happen?...
  4. Search menu expands after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to create my own expandable sub folders in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nordle_420D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vfi5b7/is_there_a_way_to_create_my_own_expandable_sub/
  6. Windows 11 Expanded Right Click Context Menu Padding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Expanded Right Click Context Menu Padding: Since the beta release of Windows 11 and now into public release, the expanded right click context menu has shown inconsistent design with the new condensed right click menu, and also does not have enough padding for the highlighted element. Is there any fix for this and/or...
  7. Windows 11 Expanded Right Click Context Menu Padding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Expanded Right Click Context Menu Padding: Since the beta release of Windows 11 and now into public release, the expanded right click context menu has shown inconsistent design with the new condensed right click menu, and also does not have enough padding for the highlighted element. Is there any fix for this and/or...
  8. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  9. Looking for a program to insert predefined text (Like a wheel menu, which expands to insert...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a program to insert predefined text (Like a wheel menu, which expands to insert...: Hi. At my work, we are required to log different kind of comments depending on what we're doing. This is so that data can be analyzed afterwards. There is a million combinations, with the text like type - event - more info - even more info. Each "unit" between "-" can...
  10. How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?: Please tell how can I turn off the auto expand feature in the left side folders panel at start menu? Last time I was told that I have to uninstall the latest updates from windows update but I want to turn off that particular feature only and keep all the other updates. So...