Windows 10: What is the Intel Watchdog Timer

Discus and support What is the Intel Watchdog Timer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My ESET Antivirus keeps telling to install Intel Watchdog Timer. I have latest Intel chipset drivers installed from ASUS for my Prime H270 Plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ozradar, May 7, 2017.

1. ozradar Win User

What is the Intel Watchdog Timer

My ESET Antivirus keeps telling to install Intel Watchdog Timer. I have latest Intel chipset drivers installed from ASUS for my Prime H270 Plus motherboard, but not sure if this timer thing is needed or I can disregard the alert from ESET. Running an i3-7100 CPU, and Windows 10 Creators Update.

:)

ozradar, May 7, 2017
  2. liushapku Win User

Still cant download recommended updates

Thank you. This really works. Simply do update for each of them and one of them corresponds to Intel Watchdog timer.

But I am curious about what the remaining Motherboard devices are and do I need to install the updates for them?

Moreover, I googled and see that there is a "RAID controller" driver provided by intel. But my computer never installed that, nor does Windows do it automatically for me. Should I install this driver?

I have a ASUS X550JX.

Thank you again.

liushapku, May 7, 2017
  3. Still cant download recommended updates

If you are still looking to update "Intel – Other hardware – Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT)" I stumbled across the answer for my ASUS k-55A laptop with same update.

The way to find this update is go to Device Manager-System Devices (go view in menu and click "show hidden devices". You should see one or several listing for "Motherboard device" under Intel Management
    Engine Interface. Click on each one and choose update driver software. One of these will update your intel Watchdog timer driver.

This is mine after update.

What is the Intel Watchdog Timer [​IMG]

Jmarco0921, May 7, 2017
  4. What is the Intel Watchdog Timer

Well, this is what Intel says about it "A watchdog timer is a hardware monitoring tool that prompts system recovery after a failure with a simple pinging mechanism. The timer is not pinged after a certain amount of time, saving system information to aid with debugging. (v.2, Aug. 2015)".

Enabling and Configuring Watchdog Timer - Intel® IOT Gateways

indianacarnie, May 7, 2017
  5. ozradar Win User
    Yes, i looked at that, and thought that i don't really need it on my PC. Just wanting to know if it is an essential driver to install or just forget about it.

ozradar, May 7, 2017
  6. Well, offhand I'd say it wasn't necessary. I can't find hide nor hair of it on my machine so it can't be "essential". I can find nothing anywhere that states anything different either.

indianacarnie, May 7, 2017
  7. ozradar Win User
    Thanks. I have never had it on any of my machines ever. ESET has been giving the alert daily since the latest EST program update. I might just switch of the notification settings, as I always manually check for updated drivers anyway, and Windows 10 does its own thing for its updates.

ozradar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is the Intel Watchdog Timer

1. What is the Intel Watchdog Timer - Similar Threads - Intel Watchdog Timer

2. The system watchdog timer was triggered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system watchdog timer was triggered.: I have the following issue even after reinstalled win11 and all the drivers. My system keep crashing and restarting on his own.Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL"...
  3. The system watchdog timer was triggered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system watchdog timer was triggered.: I have the following issue even after reinstalled win11 and all the drivers. My system keep crashing and restarting on his own.Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL"...
  4. The system watchdog timer was triggered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system watchdog timer was triggered.: Source: HALEvent ID: 13My system shows three of these errors in the last 24 hours. Any idea for a fix?CPU: 7800X3DGPU: 7900XTXMotherboard: ASUS X670E - PRO WIFIRAM: DDR5-6000 CL36...
  5. The system watchdog timer was triggered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system watchdog timer was triggered.: Source: HALEvent ID: 13My system shows three of these errors in the last 24 hours. Any idea for a fix?CPU: 7800X3DGPU: 7900XTXMotherboard: ASUS X670E - PRO WIFIRAM: DDR5-6000 CL36...
  6. The system watchdog timer was triggered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    timer: I'm fairly new to Computers. In the 'alarm & clock' could I set alarm up to sound a remind to do something every 30mins through the day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timer/6635c4e1-51ef-4893-88b6-25661ebfafb6
  8. Timer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Timer: Where has the timer gone - windows 10 is good but you go one step forward and 2 steps back. maybe better coders are required!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timer/a792f9a8-5a08-4540-bba2-dc6d7cae24e1
  9. "The system watchdog timer was triggered." - blackscreens and shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The system watchdog timer was triggered." - blackscreens and shutdowns: From time to time my laptop's screen turns black or shuts itself down randomly. This errors and more occurred before I clean installed Windows 10 two weeks ago, too. Everything else seem to work fine now, but this keeps bothering me. I checked the event viewer and I think...
  10. DPC Watchdog Timer Error help request.

in Windows 10 Support
    DPC Watchdog Timer Error help request.: I am hoping someone here can help me find the cause of this BSOD error I've been chasing for a few weeks. I am a W10 Insider running W10 Pro, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.1 I have used Driver Booster 7 to update all the drivers and I still get the error, usually when browsing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. cant find watchdog timer on computer

3. is there a windows watchdog timer

4. intel watchdog timer driver location in device manager,
  5. intel watchdog timer driver location,
  6. intel watchdog timer driver in device manager,
  7. where to find watchdog timer,
  8. cant find watchdog timer wdt device manager,
  9. watchdog for asus,
  10. where is watchdog timer in device manager,
  11. device manager watchdog timer,