Windows 10: What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?

Discus and support What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need some advice/help. I am supporting a person on the Autistic Spectrum who has recently been fired for gross misconduct and wants to appeal this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lucetta11, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Lucetta11 Win User

What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?

I need some advice/help. I am supporting a person on the Autistic Spectrum who has recently been fired for gross misconduct and wants to appeal this decision. There was not one shred of evidence presented to them throughout the firing process, however what they were accused of was physically going onto one of the directors desktops sometime in August 2017 and setting up some email forwarding rules in Outlook 365 to forward those emails to a gmail account. In addition they were accused of also setting up some deletion rules for bounce back emails at the same time.

I 100% believe that this individual did not do what they have been accused of as they are very loyal to this company and whilst on occasion they do have communication issues, they NEVER tell lies. They have been devastated to have been treated this way by the company that they loved, however as this is a company that processes medical data, it very much appears to me that this individual has been made a scapegoat by the company to cover up data security breaches at the top.

Since getting involved in this case, and having undertaken some google searches it seems that this incident could have been cause by a malware phishing attack, I think? I have also discovered that the CEO's email address has been breached 4 times including three incidences before September 2017 where email address and password were taken. Whilst the CFO's email and password has been breached on 5 occasions. The person accused does not have any breaches of his email ever having been reported.

So I want to ask anyone that has some IT security knowledge;

- What is the likelihood of these rules being set up via malware rather than a rogue employee?

- Is there anywhere that I can find any evidence on the numbers of these type of attacks? (Or any other evidence on this?)

- Are there any diagnostic tests that can be run to see if these rules were set up by malware? The alleged incident was 11 months ago.

- Are there any security procedure questions that would be standard to undertake if this was reported at your company?

- Are there and other questions that I should be asking the company as a way to show that this person did not do what they have been accused of?

Many thanks for any help or comments that anyone give me to help this individual.

:)

Lucetta11, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Hi,

There are several reasons on why you are experiencing this issue on your Outlook sub-folders. For us to identify and isolate what is causing this, we would like to know the following information:

• Which Office version are you using?
    • How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your settings prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run OffCAT tool (Office Configuration Analyzer Tool). This will highlight known issues and problems you are experiencing in your Office programs. You may refer to this
    link, for guidelines and steps.

You may also check this support article, for information on how
    to manage email messages by using rules.

We look forward to your reply.

Anne Fuj, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Unable to forward a sent email to another person

Hi Sue,

Configuration of the email settings is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing the issue with forwarding an email. To help us isolate your concern, we'd like to know more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• What email client and protocol are you using?
    • Have you tried forwarding an email using the web mail?
    • Did you create a rule to automatically forward your sent mail to someone?

We look forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

email issues

Hello Beth,

There are a lot of possible causes why you're unable to send an email. This may be due configuration of IMAP/POP settings on your email that needs to be modified or corrupted profile.

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How did you access your email? Are you using an application like Windows 10 Mail application?
    • Are you using POP or IMAP?
    • Did you set any rules on your email?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up? - Similar Threads - likely cause forwarding

2. Email forwarding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email forwarding: Windows Mail is forwarding copies of emails to my Gmail account. How do I make this stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-forwarding/14b2dce0-893c-4548-81a4-b47c93940cfd
  3. Email forwarding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email forwarding: Windows Mail is forwarding copies of emails to my Gmail account. How do I make this stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-forwarding/14b2dce0-893c-4548-81a4-b47c93940cfd
  4. Email forwarding

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. help setting up port forwarding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help setting up port forwarding: Can anyone please help me with port forwarding on ee smarthub. Sort of know how to do it just dont know what to put in all the columns. i want to set up my vivobook tp412u, as i cant play on some of the older online games. taken pics of a few things to help. many thanks...
  6. Set up BungeeCord IP Forwarding?

Set up BungeeCord IP Forwarding?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I copied my spigot server to BungeeCord and set the port at BungeeCord to the former port 9987 of the spigot server without BungeeCord. When I try to join the server via this port, I get an error message that I should enable IP...
  7. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  8. forward emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forward emails: When I am away from work, I would like to forward my emails automatically to another email address. Is this possible. I am using windows 10 email app....
  9. What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?: * Merged. Originally posted to Virus & Malware. I need some advice/help. I am supporting a person on the Autistic Spectrum who has recently been fired for gross misconduct and wants to appeal this decision. There was not one shred of evidence presented to them throughout...
  10. Office365 - setting up email rules server side

in Browsers and Email
    Office365 - setting up email rules server side: I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop, both accessing the same mailbox stored in my Office365 account. If I set up email rules in Outlook on my laptop, I believe this will not populate to Oulook on my desktop. Therefore, I presume it has to be done server side, but I...