Windows 10: what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??

Discus and support what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; says .. You are up to date .. yet I have the not seen what I believe is the new creator version being available for me.. my current version is 1607... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ttodd0450, Apr 14, 2017.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??

says .. You are up to date .. yet I have the not seen what I believe is the new creator version being available for me..

my current version is 1607 OS build 14393.1066

is this right?

:)

ttodd0450, Apr 14, 2017
  2. xITguy(2) Win User

Windows 10+New motherboard

Thanks for the quick response which confirms what I thought was the case regarding license transfers to new systems. I do have a retail version, bought at the Microsoft store in Redmond, so it should be transferable to the new system.

My quandary now is how to install Win 7 on the new computer and then upgrade to Win 10. Can I just do a normal install of Win 7 using my key number or do I need to contact Microsoft and get them to generate a new key since the original PC is dead and can't
    be used to release the key?

DK

xITguy(2), Apr 14, 2017
  3. Ivy Mak Win User
    What is the new WIA driver version in Win 10? It cannot find the scanner any more.

What is the new WIA driver version in Win 10? It cannot find the scanner any more.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Ivy Mak, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The Creators Update is being rolled out in phases through Windows Update. Your turn may not come for months, particularly if you have an older machine.

Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

In the mean time, your version 1607 will continue to receive updates. Your 1607 OS build 14393.1066 is completely up to date, 1066 being the April cumulative update.
    April 11th KB4015217 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1066 and 14393.1083

5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Apr 14, 2017
  6. imeem Win User
    don't mean to hijack this thread but how do they determine if u have a "older machine"? I have window 10 enterprise installed on my desktop and laptop. My laptop is older than my desktop but I installed windows 10 on it more recently than my desktop, and I was able to get the 1703 update via windows update on my laptop instantly.
    Do you know when will I get it on my desktop? In the past, my desktop has less than 10 GB of free space and so i had to update via .iso and in-place upgrade. However, in preparation for 1703, i was able to free up more than 8 GB in total.

imeem, Apr 15, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    In the words of an old George Carlin routine, it's a mystery.

If you're in a hurry, do it using the Media Creation Tool or other means that you can control.

bobkn, Apr 15, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 15, 2017
  9. imeem Win User
    thanks for the reply, unfortunately, those tools u mentioned does NOT support enterprise edition *Sad. I guess i have to wait patiently or until may 1st to get the iso.

imeem, Apr 16, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Luckily, it's not too much longer.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ?? - Similar Threads - version number need

2. Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: Hi A friend built my PC in 2011 using a OEM system builder pack version of Windows 7. I then upgraded my PC hard drive and moved Windows from HDD to SSD drive. I then later upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I would now like to build a new PC and install Windows 10...
  3. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...
  4. What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10: I've just downloaded the Windows 10 ISO to my USB Port. I have a blue Ray and CD player, both are read/write. What type and size cd do I need to burn Win 10 on? Can I just use Media Player to do this?...
  5. What version of Java do i need?

What version of Java do i need?: "Could not find Java Runtime environment! Please install Java" - Downloading a app of the internet I tried finding it in my control panel too, and it didn't pop up. So what are the steps i need to go through in order for Java to be fully set up? I have 64 bit windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version): Decided to update my desktop computer with a new motherboard, chip , and memory . Went to the nearest computer store at the time , where they asked me what I was using on my present computer. I told them I had updated my previous version of windows XP with Windows 10 when it...
  7. Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?: Hi everyone. I just bought and received an Apollo Lake laptop (celeron) so I can use in the field. I have an extra bitdefender license, but I am worried about it slowing down the performance. Is WD by itself good enough? I do transfer files frequently. The laptop has 6GB of...
  8. New win 10 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New win 10 version: ....... has screwed pc up. I had no net, even though pc said i as connected but AVG said I had corrupted new dvr config, but - we have fixed it, reboot. Nice one AVG. I have nothing to find on my windows icon for apps page, nothing happens!!! Nce one MS, do one please!...
  9. What version of Windows 10 do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    What version of Windows 10 do I need?: So we all know Win 10 is right around the corner. Right now I have a legit copy of Win 8.1 installed on my desktop. It is the core version. But I have not seen much stuff talking about a Core edition of Win 10. So my question is what version of Win 10 will I be getting? I was...
  10. WIn 10 Creator version number

WIn 10 Creator version number: What is the real version number for Win 10 Creator? Is it 15063 or 1703? I know I got the Creator update because it said so after the update ran which took an hour. But my sister's PC I may have to force the upgrade and the Win Upgrade Assistant refers to 15063. So I'm...