What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

Discus and support What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there. And, the RealPlayer downloader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KarolR Win User

I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there.
    And, the RealPlayer downloader saves videos to that directory, so how can i change either of them

:)

KarolR, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Harshavardhan Rathod Win User

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Ruth Buruga Win User
    How to reset the Libraries to the original settings...

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

a) Open Windows explorer

b) In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it

c) Click “restore default libraries” option

d) Check if the issue persists.

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them - Similar Threads - role Libraries explorer

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  4. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  5. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...
  6. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  7. i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite

i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite: i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-update-windows-10-to-vesion-1803-and-now-i-cant/ade8d237-3e4e-449e-9bef-e7d235a8d1ba"
  8. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  9. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  10. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...