What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

Discus and support What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there. And, the RealPlayer downloader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KarolR Win User

I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there.
    And, the RealPlayer downloader saves videos to that directory, so how can i change either of them

:)

KarolR, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Harshavardhan Rathod Win User

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Ruth Buruga Win User
    How to reset the Libraries to the original settings...

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

a) Open Windows explorer

b) In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it

c) Click “restore default libraries” option

d) Check if the issue persists.

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them - Similar Threads - role Libraries explorer

1. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  2. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...
  3. Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Platform Role Mobile - Power Issue?: Hi, I am having performance issues in all games that can be described as jittery choppiness in mouse movements and action delays in keyboard inputs. I am fairly certain it is power related in some way. My question is this - under system information my device is...
  4. The Role of Content Quality in Bing Ranking

in Windows 10 Support
    The Role of Content Quality in Bing Ranking: In today’s post we take a look at how the Bing ranking algorithm considers content quality for ranking web documents. There are often many web documents on the web that are relevant for any given user query and an effective ranking algorithm should consider not only relevance...
  5. Microsoft Build 2017: Redefining Business with AI and My New Role

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Build 2017: Redefining Business with AI and My New Role: Today at Build Microsoft Executive Vice President Harry Shum, who heads the AI & Research organization, talked about how AI is impacting society and how we are supporting developers to infuse AI into all their efforts. If you missed his keynote I encourage you to watch it on...
  6. Cortana Expands Role of Digital Personal Assistant: Coming to Xbox One

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Expands Role of Digital Personal Assistant: Coming to Xbox One: At Microsoft, our vision for a powerful digital assistant means it is personalized and available to you everywhere, whether you’re on-the-go with the device you carry with you, in your office, where you need to be highly productive, or even in your home, where you relax,...
  7. Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans: Microsoft's decision against releasing an expected January test build of its next version of Windows Server hasn't stopped the bits or information about the coming release from leaking. Over the weekend, both the January build of Windows Server 2016 and a slide deck about...
What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them solved