Windows 10: What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

Discus and support What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there. And, the RealPlayer downloader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KarolR Win User

What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

I noticed that the Videos library points to an other computer in my home network. it's O.K but how did it get there.
    And, the RealPlayer downloader saves videos to that directory, so how can i change either of them

:)

KarolR, Jun 8, 2018

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2018
  3. How to reset the Libraries to the original settings...

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

a) Open Windows explorer

b) In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it

c) Click “restore default libraries” option

d) Check if the issue persists.

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them

1. What is the role of Libraries in explorer and how to set them - Similar Threads - role Libraries explorer

2. How to install Application Initialization Role

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Application Initialization Role: I am trying to install the Application Initialization role on server 2019 standard version 1809. I already have the Web Server IIS feature installed and 15/43 of those features under it are installed. When I try to just add the Application Initialization role, I get a...
  3. What is Dokan Library?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Dokan Library?: After giving my computer some much-needed updates, I have stumbled upon this in my programs directory in the Control Panel. What is Dokan Library? Is it okay to delete it, or does my computer need it?...
  4. What is CLIPUP.EXE role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is CLIPUP.EXE role: Hi Team, I have " clipup.exe" attempt to access "service schedule task". I can find "clipup.exe" Client License Platform migration tool is part of windows 10. The file path seems legitmate "c:\Windows\System32ClipUp.exe". What is the exact role of "clipup.exe". Is this...
  5. What are these & How to uninstall them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these & How to uninstall them?: [IMG] Hi, These two un-named programs showed up, without any notice. In the Right-click option, the Open file Location and properties option are grayed out. How can i uninstall these two programs? submitted by /u/AwayConversation [link] [comments]...
  6. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  7. How can I set the view options for a Library - AND SAVE THEM?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set the view options for a Library - AND SAVE THEM?: If I'm not in a library, I can set my view options (such as which columns to display, Details vs Tiles view, etc) and then go to Options > View tab > Apply to Folders. However, when I'm using a Library, all these settings are ignored and the awful defaults are used. I can...
  8. Libraries......do I need them??

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries......do I need them??: Hot on the heels of my earlier triumph some minutes ago*Party...feeling really enthusiastic and positive now,*Biggrin and wondering if I should get to know more about libraries....and do I need them. Presently have 4 x HDDs in my PC.....with pics/audio/films/TVrecordings...
  9. Library set up

in Windows 10 Support
    Library set up: I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot figure out how to do this with Windows 10. I am sure it is simple and I am just over looking something. Thanks in advance....
  10. Setting File Explorer columns - and KEEPING them

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting File Explorer columns - and KEEPING them: Having set Win 10 columns (types and positions) I’ve several times used the option to apply this to ALL. But this never seems to survive, even within a session (i.e. before a reboot). Is there a registry hack or a freeware tool that can achieve this reliably please? And can...