Windows 10: What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

Discus and support What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I've mostly ignored Cortana until I saw a Microsoft video showing its integration with a lot of applications. I thought it would be cool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jacobpressures, Sep 3, 2018.

1. What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

Hi Everyone,

I've mostly ignored Cortana until I saw a Microsoft video showing its integration with a lot of applications. I thought it would be cool to to be in my car, tell Cortana to email my boss and tell him I'm on my way or I'll be late.

However, I've learned that Cortana only works with Office 365. I have Office 2010 on my work computer. We use MSDN as we develop software in C#. We use Outlook as our client but I don't know what we are using to to manage our emails outside of Outlook.

It would be nice if Cortana could tell me about my meetings and appointments for the day.

Fortunately, my phone uses a service the allows Google to see my work calendar and I can ask Google what is on my calendar for today. i Can't add meetings or anything like that however.

Any ideas on what i can do or is this a dead end?

Thanks!

:)

jacobpressures, Sep 3, 2018
  2. krsokol Win User

Cortana fails to detect flight itinerary in Outlook

Thank you, Andre, for providing the suggestions. At this point, I have performed the complete list of suggested remediations. I have also performed a reset (saving personal files) on my Surface Pro 4. None of the steps has resolved the problem with Cortana
    tracking flights.

As a side note, this evening I asked Cortana to track a flight. The app correctly found flight tracker information on the Web (Launching Edge), but did not take the hint to track the flight.

For validation, Outlook is correctly capturing the flight itineraries in my email. Cortana is properly tracking package deliveries, but will not track flight itineraries.

This is certainly not the most important issue in my life, but it has become a bit of a nag that I'd like to resolve. Unless there is another suggestion, my next step will be to perform a complete reset.

Appreciate the assistance.

krsokol, Sep 3, 2018
  3. windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 3, 2018
  4. What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

1. What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018 - Similar Threads - Status Cortana Outlook

2. Outlook Status in Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Status in Excel: Has anyone seen a Outlook status bar in a Excel workbook. I have a Excel workbook that sends email using outlook. It would be nice if when I send the email a status bar would show it sending the email. Not even sure it possible but if it is I know someone from this forum...
  3. Outlook Cortana

in Cortana
    Outlook Cortana: Hello I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana and "For best experience use Work or School account" Questions: 1. Why do I have to sign into Cortana when I never had to do it before. 2. This is a...
  4. What is the status of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the status of System Restore?: I am curious what Microsoft's position is on System Restore. Since they turn it off every time we upgrade to a new build, are they trying to tell us something. I know you have to turn it back on after every upgrade, but I am wondering why they turn it off rather than just...
  5. what is cortana

in Cortana
    what is cortana: what is cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cortana/e265cf10-b1f7-4ced-bb70-628226b5d037"
  6. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  7. Two problems - outlook/cortana

in Cortana
    Two problems - outlook/cortana: Hi there, I am on version 1709, because on 1803, the cortana recommended news does not show. Is that fixed now? Also, in outlook 2016, the email sometimes does not synchronize. I can see on my phone I have the new emails, but sometimes in outlook I don't see them until...
  8. 08/08/2018 devicecensus.exe failure status?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    08/08/2018 devicecensus.exe failure status?: Since 07/11/2018, I've been plagued by this devicecensus.exe failure. 07/11/2018 was the date of my next boot after 1803 update. My problem is not identical to others report- ed here. But only differs with regard to men- tion of additional software present. None that...
  9. Cortana & Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cortana & Outlook: Cortana seems to be little more than program that converts voice to text and turns that text over to a Google search engine. Has anyone gotten it to do more than that? I'd like it to enter the text into an e-mail. That might be very useful to those that type with two fingers....
  10. What is the status of DLNA?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the status of DLNA?: In Windows 10 the Libraries are hidden by default and the DLNA Server is off by default ("Turn On Media Streaming"). It is as if Microsoft is moving away from DLNA. Is this because of fears associated with copyright and Digital Rights Management issues? Or is DLNA a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana status

2. Hi cortina outlook

3. cortana default calendar

4. status of cortana,
  5. cortana asking for outlook password 2018,
  6. cortana track flight information from outlook calendar,
  7. change default calendar in cortana 2018,
  8. cortana track package outlook