Windows 10: What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

Discus and support What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning: [img] I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning:

What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It? [​IMG]

I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one:

Can someone please advise what this certificate relates to and what I should do to fix the issue since I've never seen this problem before.

:)

Steve C, Dec 4, 2016
  2. Pavan_N Win User

help me!!! What is this error? and how about to fix?

Hi Dinh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

This issue might occur if your computer is not up to date with Windows updates. Also if there are app corrupted.

Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run app troubleshooter

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If this doesn’t resolve the issue then try next method.

Method 2: Refer the link suggested by Rohit Siddegowda on October 9, 2015.

Start menu tiles are missing their icons

Start menu tiles are missing their icons

Also check for app updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 4, 2016
  3. help me!!! What is this error? and how about to fix?

What is this error? and how about to fix?

after windows update.

Dinh TrongLee, Dec 4, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

dencal, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks. I tried the renewal option but I got this error:

What is the XBL Client IPSec Issuing CA certificate for and do I need to do anything to update it? I would delete it if I knew what it's for but the certificate properties shows You have a private key that corresponds to this certificate. I don't want to delete it unless I'm sure what the certificate is for.

I also discovered the certificate warning is directly correlated with and preceded by a fraction of a second with this warning:

Knowing what this warning is for may shed some light on the issue.

Steve C, Dec 4, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
  7. Steve C Win User
    I exported / backed up the outdated certificate then deleted the original certificate. The warning is now gone and I can always reinstate the certificate if required. I've stopped the Event ID 219 error which happened at the same time by disabling the Portable Device Enumerator Service.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It? - Similar Threads - Certificate Warning Fix

2. What is the best certification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best certification: what is the best certification path if you'd like to work with Cyber Securety ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-certification/2963e5d7-ed51-45f2-9c3d-32d4e0f26351
  3. What is the best certification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best certification: what is the best certification path if you'd like to work with Cyber Securety ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-certification/2963e5d7-ed51-45f2-9c3d-32d4e0f26351
  4. How to fix Windows Authentication Certificate error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows Authentication Certificate error?: Hello,I have a problem that is causing me a very big Headache.I have Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates installed.Also i run Microsoft 365 for big business installed from Microsoft Developer program.When i open Microsoft Word 365 or other app like Excel i receive a...
  5. How to fix Windows Authentication Certificate error?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to fix Windows Authentication Certificate error?: Hello,I have a problem that is causing me a very big Headache.I have Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates installed.Also i run Microsoft 365 for big business installed from Microsoft Developer program.When i open Microsoft Word 365 or other app like Excel i receive a...
  6. What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?: I've created 2 certificates for myself, but I didn't intend to do that. So I opened MMC, navigated to the certificates and removed them. I am not sure if I removed only these 2 certificates. What would happen if I removed a random certificate, would I be exposed online? What...
  7. What is this "warning"!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is this "warning"!?: Dear Sir/Madam: Everyday, there is a new window jumping out on my screen, it says: This extension may be dangerous. "Login now" has been disabled because it contains malware. What does it warn me? I did not...
  8. How to fix this event viewer warning ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix this event viewer warning ?: For the past couple of weeks I've been getting the following warning in the event log. Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 7f 0f dc b9 50 ca 47 af ce e7 ba 72 e0 c7 24 da c4 10 ac f8 is about to expire or already expired. I've had a good look around the web but so...
  9. IE Security Certificate Warning

in Browsers and Email
    IE Security Certificate Warning: My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I look at it and open it in FF; not a problem. Is IE being overzealous My AVG Internet Security and MWB Premium do not...
  10. Event 64 warning about a certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 64 warning about a certificate: This obscure warning has been appearing recently in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 67 5e bb 9a d3 59 b0 8d 0b dc aa c4 b0 c6 94 8f 04 66 9d f6 is about to expire or already expired Can anyone interpret it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a certificate warning