Windows 10: What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance

Discus and support What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] It was created/Modified/Accessed all the same day about the time I believe I was infected or Hacked w/Malware, also couldn't get into Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zippy2222, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance

What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance [​IMG]
    It was created/Modified/Accessed all the same day about the time I believe I was infected or Hacked w/Malware, also couldn't get into Microsoft Account, had to use Parted Magic PWreset to gain access to my HDD but still awaiting the 30 day M.S.Reset wait-time for them to send a 25 character reset code to get back into Hotmail acct. Can't delete as admin or w/AxCrypt File Program. Anyone know anything about why this exe is on my PC? My simple Google search turns up ambiguous threads from variouse forms but none w/specific answers just a lot of "download this great Reg.Cleaner program and follow directions and post them back to me, yah, like sure buddy??? P.S. Showed up on C:\Users"myname(owner-admin)\Desktop and it says I don't have the permissions to access or delete it when I try.

:)

Zippy2222, Mar 26, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

DefaultPack.exe

I quoted the part of your post that seems to be relevant. When you asked to download the Malicious Software Removal Tool, you were taken to the page shown below. See that opt-in bit on the left? That's what caused defaultpack.exe to be included. You
    safely delete the file.

JimWynne, Mar 26, 2017
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Mar 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    1. Upload it to Virustotal and see what that says about it.
    2. Where is it? In which folder?
    3. If you right click it, what information can you see about it from Properties?

I don't have this on my PC, for what that's worth.

You may find some hints here (ignore the irrelevant stuff):
    What is DefaultPack.EXE?

If it's in a TEMP folder or equivalent, just delete it or run Ccleaner.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. spunk Win User
    When you asked to download the Malicious Software Removal Tool, you were taken to the page shown below. See that opt-in bit on the left? That's what caused defaultpack.exe to be included. You can safely uninstall the program in Programs and Features. and delete the file.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance - Similar Threads - EXE program DefaultPack

2. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  3. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  4. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is Cats2.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Cats2.exe: W10 ver 1909 There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it there and from what I can find makes me suspicious since it runs all the time. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?...
  6. Start an exe program in FreeDOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start an exe program in FreeDOS?: Hello all together just trying to reinstall windows in FreeDos from my sticker. Is it even possible to start the setup.exe or do I have to look for another way? Do I have to drag extra files onto the stick or is there a possibility? Picture as attachment...
  7. What is this snmpdm64.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this snmpdm64.exe: It’s a service that is suddenly running on my windows 10 Is there a way to check when it got installed or started It is in syswow64 directory Can’t seem To find anything about this exe online submitted by /u/thrvy5545 [link] [comments]...
  8. What is the difference between vc_redist.x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between vc_redist.x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe?: I was just looking for the redistributable installer in my VS2019 folders and was surprised to find what appears to be two copies of each version, but with different names. I assume that one of the two is preferred and that there is some purpose to this, but on line searches...
  9. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  10. rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?

in Windows 10 Support
    rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?: I just noticed I have the rempl folder in the Programs folder. It appears that the programs in this folder are used by Windows Update? I have collected 100+ LauncherRemediation and Remediation .etl files in the rempl>Log folder. The newest is 12/12/2018 and the oldest is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defaultpack.exe file

2. file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.70.exe.9kjmdu2.partial