Windows 10: What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?

Discus and support What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This folder seems to have appeared out of nowhere in my computer and has put itself in the exclusion folder of windows defender on its own i think its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaranMaheshwari, Jul 21, 2018.

1. What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?

This folder seems to have appeared out of nowhere in my computer and has put itself in the exclusion folder of windows defender on its own i think its a either a virus or its a malware i don't know. Also this is located in C:/Windows/sysWOW64/. I have tried to locate this term online but i haven't found it as yet so i'm thinking its something new.

If someone could help me out i would be very grateful.

Regards,

Karan

:)

KaranMaheshwari, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender? :)

Frogger, Jul 21, 2018
  4. What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?

1. What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender? - Similar Threads - folder called kotyajse

2. Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?: Hi recently I added some exclusions to windows defender there were some games folder but can other apps see that I exclude those folder to get scan please answerif that make any sense I don't really know how to explain this...
  3. Folder Exclusions are not working

Folder Exclusions are not working: I've previously had some folder exclusions but they've since disappeared. I have attempted to add new ones, but they don't appear. How do I go about making this work? My page looks like the image below, after I've selected the folder and supposedly excluded it. [ATTACH]...
  4. windows defender exclusions

windows defender exclusions: My excluded list does not show up..so i cannot remove an added exclusion.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-exclusions/86936ada-950c-4a94-8bc3-28269b62a257
  5. What are these weird folders that are already added to the windows defender exclusions list...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these weird folders that are already added to the windows defender exclusions list...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/s_ghoul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkjuod/what_are_these_weird_folders_that_are_already/
  6. Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?: I keep my personal files in my own folders because over time the programs I use have a nasty habit of adding their folders wherever they like. So I created a folder on my D: drive called "D:MyDocs" where I store all my personal files. It makes it easier to find things and to...
  7. Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus

Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus: I can't exclude folder or drives from the Exclusion list anymore. When I try to run some .exe files, I'm told that Windows won't run them because of suspected virus found. How do I turn this stuff off? I want to run what ever file I want and not have Windows overrule me....
  8. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  9. Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions

Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions: I just recently started using Windows Defender as my antivirus software expired and I was looking for another option other than paying for another program. I don't totally understand how to use it and reading thru tutorials is somewhat foreign to me so please understand my...
  10. What is this folder called [LOST]?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this folder called [LOST]?: It's in \\.\ so I do not want to mess with it... but is this that? or are the deleted files in found.000? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-folder-called-lost/333e7dd3-8480-4386-aee1-023851882c18"