Windows 10: What is this service that's running?

Discus and support What is this service that's running? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] "Windows Back Up" i feel like its taking a lot, is it safe to disable? what is it exactly? Im sure i disabled all my back up stuff 101021 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by McSweg, Dec 24, 2017.

1. McSweg Win User

What is this service that's running?

What is this service that's running? [​IMG]

"Windows Back Up" i feel like its taking a lot, is it safe to disable? what is it exactly? Im sure i disabled all my back up stuff

:)

McSweg, Dec 24, 2017

2. Mail tile not responsive. Using Windows 10 since its release. First time this has happened. Suggestions?

For whatever reason, the mail tile is non-responsive. Any advice?

Service? What service?, Dec 24, 2017
  3. Live Mail Tile non-responsive. Suggestions? Using Windows 10, have been since its release, first time this has happened.

See title. That is all.

Service? What service?, Dec 24, 2017
  4. What is this service that's running?

Layback Bear, Dec 24, 2017
  5. McSweg Win User
    thnks for the reply. so what i noticed was

i was getting micro stutters in Overwatch and i opened my task manager and i realized it has to be this back up thing. as u see in the image, it makes a back up at 7pm at sunday and well, i was getting stutters at 7pm on a sunday (today) but i have my back up disabled (2nd picture) why is it still making back ups? any help?

McSweg, Dec 24, 2017
  6. File history is not Windows Backup. File history was introduced in Win 8 and replaced Windows Backup from Win 7.

In Windows 10 they brought back Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7). You see it below file history in your second screen shot.

On your first Image click on "Change Settings" and change the schedule / disable it.

Caledon Ken, Dec 24, 2017
  7. McSweg Win User
    there is no way to disable it there but i think i disabled it else where thx

McSweg, Dec 24, 2017
  8. What is this service that's running?

You should be able to uncheck run on a scheduled basis (disable)

If you found another method that is also good.

Happy Holidays

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What is this service that's running?

1. What is this service that's running? - Similar Threads - service that's running

2. what services should be running and depend on each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what services should be running and depend on each other: Hello.What services depend on each other and need to be running or started in task manager for windows 10 version 21H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-services-should-be-running-and-depend-on-each/9409415f-0712-4a57-a219-a197c14973ff
  3. what services should be running and depend on each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what services should be running and depend on each other: Hello.What services depend on each other and need to be running or started in task manager for windows 10 version 21H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-services-should-be-running-and-depend-on-each/9409415f-0712-4a57-a219-a197c14973ff
  4. what services should be running and depend on each other

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?: I have a so broken version of Windows 10, that runs on Safe mode or by disabling services. If I disable services I won't be able to run any exe file, since Windows would show a sign indicating app or program is not compatible. Unless opened as administrator. I'd like to...
  6. Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN: Ive tried all the powershell commands to remove it, reinstall it, repair it exc. Nothing has worked. Every time try to manually run it from service window it says its not installed, but Microsoft store says its installed and its listed in services. I doubt anyone has a fix...
  7. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  8. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  9. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  10. What are these services?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these services?: I am unable to find anything on-line about whether I should disable them or celebrate them. CDPUser_26fc94a Contact Data_26fc94a Messaging Service-26fc94a Synchost_26fc94a User Data Access_26fc94a User Data Storage_26fc94a John 76528