Windows 10: WHAT is this ?

Discus and support WHAT is this ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This showed up in a program scanner ,..I use to keep my programs all updated. ( << Secunia PSI - program mention ) I had updates waiting on me last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 17, 2016.

1. WHAT is this ?

This showed up in a program scanner ,..I use to keep my programs all updated. ( << Secunia PSI - program mention )

I had updates waiting on me last night for my Windows 8.1 , so I downloaded and installed ,this showed up after I ran a scan using Secunia PSI , as not updated , this afternoon.. Link below

I Need Help with these speakers . PLUS the speakers are not working right, I can hear it ding once in awhile now, never did that for years. I used to have a Customize item on my task bar ,( programs I use ) that showed my mike, 3 different speakers,all on one screen when I needed to adjust my speakers , with my WI-FI , Avast , CCleaner , etc items ,..near my clock .
    I cannot find it to use when playing anything with sound now.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-
    cloud/products/sql-server/

:)

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Cooloma Win User

Atheros Smart Net - what is this and what is it for?

I updated from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (10 days ago). I found Atheros Smart Net (asav) in my apps list. What is it and who/how or when was it installed? What is it good for? What will be affected if I uninstall it? Did Dell add it to my new
    Inspiron desktop last summer?

Cooloma, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Atheros Smart Net - what is this and what is it for?

Atheros provides Network Adapters for computers,so I think it is something related to the network controller.I would suggest you asking the same with Dell for more information

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 17, 2016
  4. WHAT is this ?

Do I need this on my pc ? ( link above )

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 20, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can find out more about Secunia PSI here.

swarfega, Jun 20, 2016
  6. I've used it for years. I know it's a great program .

WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO KNOW ,
    LINK to what showed up - in SECUNIA PSI -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/serv...ts/sql-server/
    Do I need that on my pc ?
    I'm really careful what I allow on my pc.
    THANKS again for your reply.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 21, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You definitely don't need it at all. Unless you need a server to design apps with.

Cliff S, Jun 21, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

WHAT is this ?

Cliff S, Jun 21, 2016
  9. Cliff hi Thanks for your reply,
    I'll find it , ,..in downloads , I'm guessing ,...get rid of it by uninstalling it .
    WHEN I'm in doubt I come here to get your help. I Trust you guys to point me in the right directions.
    Thanks again. *Smile

10. Cliff S New Member
    You're most welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Jun 21, 2016
  11. Cliff one more question , I found this in REVO - Uninstaller ,...is the the correct one I need to uninstall ?

Google Custom Search

THERE are a lot of interies on this page , I just show the one I posted earlier , So this is what I must INSTALL , Correct ?

12. Cliff S New Member
    Yes you can uninstall it.
    One of the choices in the Google search link you posted, has a good site to find out what something, be it app or file in Windows is., It give you the information you need to help decide if something should be uninstalled, or is it a keeper.

I go here:Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] - Should I Remove It?
    to see check. Should I Remove it is pretty good. Specially when it comes to OEM bloatware.
    You do not need to download their uninstaller, just use you favorite, as usual, but go here to get information.

Cliff S, Jun 21, 2016
  13. WHAT is this ?

Cliff , I'll be okay to use REVO-Uninstaller to clear it all out. that's what I usually do , ?
    by running it 2 more times before I complete the last parts of anything I'm uninstalling,.. by going back after the first
    few parts are gone .

Cliff thanks again for your help, with this*Smile

14. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Biggrin
    I like to keep unneeded/no longer used software, off of my machine too.

Cliff S, Jun 21, 2016
  15. I do as well , just the programs I use. the rest has to go .
    THE SERVER ITEM , is all gone now after uninstalling it
    Thank you .

Thema:

WHAT is this ?