Windows 10: what is TWINUI ?

Discus and support what is TWINUI ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i got 2 popups saying "an app default was reset" - an app caused a problem with the default app setting for ".avi / .mov so it was reset to TWINUI"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016.

1. what is TWINUI ?

i got 2 popups saying "an app default was reset" - an app caused a problem with the default app setting for ".avi / .mov so it was reset to TWINUI" what is the cause of these errors

:)

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016

2. I cannot open images and get "Class not Registered" error

Just found a blog (What is TWINUI in Windows 10 all about? – Ctrl blog) that I think says that wherever you see TWINUI, that means there's no default set up and because of a bug some users can't change their system's default programs in the Settings app. It's usually
    because of a System Registry corruption. I'm not tech savvy, so instead of restoring the registry (that sounds scary), I think I'll just do what I did for now for anything else that has (the evil) TWINUI.

BurbankGal, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Aeyoun Win User
    remove TWINUI from default apps

That is kind of funny. TWINUI means “open this with the app chooser”, so it indicates that you have no app set for this type. Quite interesting to see that
    this can actually happen. Thank you for sharing screen shots.

Aeyoun, Sep 20, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

what is TWINUI ?

BunnyJ, Sep 20, 2016
  5. hmmm
    so registry may be corrupt? one problem after another on my pc, how do i keep my sanity. ill look into this furthur, cheers

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    What is TWinUI? – Tablet Windows UI Slight Future

BunnyJ, Sep 20, 2016
  7. Please provide more info as it is needed to help you with this to determine the core problem.

When does this pop up happen, are you trying to open a YouTube video or a pic on your 'puter ?

What other problems are you having and when did they start.
    You have mentioned in another thread that you have many problems with a 2 month old 'puter.

All these might be interconnected and need to be looked at for a common connection.

I would advise you not to go into the registry until a member who has proven experience in this area
    advises you on how and what to change in advance.

Please provide the the needed info in your next post before you try to do anything else which
    may make your problems more complex.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 20, 2016
  8. what is TWINUI ?

earlier I ran wise registry cleaner and cleaned up stuff. so far, that problem isn't showing up. the only thing I found that was corrupt was Microsoft store..rebooted after downloading app diagnostic pgm. expect more glitches as the weeks progress lol

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016
  9. What was the name of this program ?

Most members here use CCleaner Free version it is a superior program.
    CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

10. its called apps diagnostic10. I scanned pc with it and it helped to identify problem

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016
  11. What about all the other problems you have been having ?
    Can you list them ?

12. the areas that had error was .AVI and .MOV that's all. but haven't seen errors since after reboot.

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016
  13. f14tomcat Win User

what is TWINUI ?

f14tomcat, Sep 20, 2016
  14. very good. I saved zip "just in case" ill read that docu more later, cheers

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016
  15. If you still have Wise Cleaner installed, I suggest uninstalling it and replacing it with CCleaner.
    It is a very safe program to use.

Thema:

what is TWINUI ?

1. what is TWINUI ? - Similar Threads - TWINUI

2. Is program TWINUI a Microsoft Windows program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is program TWINUI a Microsoft Windows program?: Is program TWINUI a Microsoft Windows program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-program-twinui-a-microsoft-windows-program/a9f10c57-974f-4e06-be4f-ddc172ee4462
  3. My microsoft store doesn´t opens, and all my windows apps are showed as TWINUI

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft store doesn´t opens, and all my windows apps are showed as TWINUI: [ATTACH] I can only see this when i search "microsoft store", I tried all the solutions using the powerShell commands and reinstalling everything, I just don´t know what to do....
  4. Fix TWINUI error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix TWINUI error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering TWINUI error when opening links, PDFs, photos, etc, your apps are getting reset to TWINUI, and you constantly see Open TWINUI notification, […] This article Fix TWINUI error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Twinui getting installed and photos getting removed.Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Twinui getting installed and photos getting removed.Please help: Hello.Yesterday, i updated windows. Today i opened a picture which was usually opened by the windows default photos app. When i opened it today, there was a error and the laptop was trying to open the photo with Twinui and was getting a error. I tried to do open with but i...
  6. TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse: Problem: My "default app by extension" settings suddenly changed so a bunch of them have been reset to TWINUI. I have no idea how or why this happened, I just suddenly found I got errors when I tried to open a PNG image. The good news is that if I pick an appropriate photo...
  7. Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]: Hello, I work in IT and I have a user who cannot change the default applications in windows settings. The Computer has already been re-imaged and is still having the same problem. I spoke with the computer manufacturer and they said that I would need to speak with...
  8. TWINUI problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    TWINUI problems: Windows 10: A user account but not my administrator account got TWINUI as the standard app för pictures and music. Makes it impossible to open pictures, videos etc without using right-clicking and *Open with...' If not: "Invalid registry value". Tried to change the...
  9. TWINUI AND MICROSOFT STORE

TWINUI AND MICROSOFT STORE: Why Microsoft Store wants to open TWINUI TO DOWNLOAD ANY APP. NEED SOME GUIDELINESTHANS FOR COOPERATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twinui-and-microsoft-store/d5810661-8158-4cea-b683-de84c7a1951f
  10. TWINUI and Microsoft Store

TWINUI and Microsoft Store: I have windows 10 v1909 I go to Microsoft Store website to download app but it wants to open TWINUI application. When I let to Open it,it doesn't open. But why Microsoft Store wants to open TWINUI and what is TWINUI. Waiting for some Guidelines. Thanks for cooperation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is twinui

2. twinui is it good

3. twinui firefox

4. system warning for twinui what is it,
  5. An App caused a problem with the default setting for .amr files so it was reset to TWINUI,
  6. twinui default apps unable to change,
  7. does twinui leave anything on my computer,
  8. wat is twinui,
  9. cause of default files changing to twinui