Windows 10: What Is with the Dism Log Files?

Discus and support What Is with the Dism Log Files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What is with these log files? They are created, when I use Dism.exe (ex. cleaning up some of the WinSxS sections). Can I delete these log files? If so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeriLoko3, May 8, 2017.

1. DeriLoko3 Win User

What Is with the Dism Log Files?

What is with these log files? They are created, when I use Dism.exe (ex. cleaning up some of the WinSxS sections). Can I delete these log files? If so, can I delete these CBS and DISM folders?

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\DISM.log

:)

DeriLoko3, May 8, 2017

2. dism log

Recently I ran a sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and it reported there were some error it could not repair so I ran a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but it gets stuck at 96%. The error is 1726 and the message : the remote procedure
    call failed.

Here is the dism log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgFdqO5FV7pOhkWS-ogc_kCugB6y

DanPetrache, May 8, 2017
  3. dism log

Please share a copy of CBS.log found in C:/Windows/logs. Better if you run SFC once and immediately share it

Sumit Dhiman2, May 8, 2017
  4. What Is with the Dism Log Files?

Well, I would back them up first , just in case, but I've never once had a problem after deleting them.

indianacarnie, May 8, 2017
Thema:

What Is with the Dism Log Files?

1. What Is with the Dism Log Files? - Similar Threads - Dism Log Files

2. What's going on with this DISM log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with this DISM log: My pc has been very slow with 100% disk and high processor activity for some time.I frequently get the message "explorer.exe is not in the correct state"I have run the DISM command in the past with successful repair ?The DISM online repair and restore health found these...
  3. What's going on with this DISM log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on with this DISM log: My pc has been very slow with 100% disk and high processor activity for some time.I frequently get the message "explorer.exe is not in the correct state"I have run the DISM command in the past with successful repair ?The DISM online repair and restore health found these...
  4. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22000.653 Image Version: 10.0.22000.778 [===================== 36.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can...
  5. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22000.653 Image Version: 10.0.22000.778 [===================== 36.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can...
  6. Dism Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism Log: I can delete dism log file in windows 10 before. Why i can't delete dism log file in windows 11 and it says file in use. Is it safe to end dism process in resource monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-log/736cd4d8-4e8c-4383-bfce-fd87e9f24bcb
  7. Dism Log

Dism Log: I can delete dism log file in windows 10 before. Why i can't delete dism log file in windows 11 and it says file in use. Is it safe to end dism process in resource monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-log/736cd4d8-4e8c-4383-bfce-fd87e9f24bcb
  8. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log: Whenever I turn on my computer, a couple of different apps/games keep crashing epic games launcher, razer synapse and some games. When I looked for a solution online I was told to run the command: " DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  9. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log: Whenever I turn on my computer, a couple of different apps/games keep crashing epic games launcher, razer synapse and some games. When I looked for a solution online I was told to run the command: " DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism log file

2. C:\Windows\logs\dism\dism.log

3. what if i delete dism.log file

4. The dism log is here,
  5. delete dism.log,
  6. can you delete dism.log files,
  7. The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log,
  8. what is c:\windows\logs\dism\dism.log,
  9. what is dism.log,
  10. c:windows logs dism dism.log,
  11. X:\windows \Logs\DISM\dism.log,