Windows 10: What is with Windows 10 and Chrome

Discus and support What is with Windows 10 and Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have only just joined the forum and after 15 minutes of looking I couldn't find any other place to put this.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aitchaitch, Sep 12, 2015.

1. What is with Windows 10 and Chrome

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have only just joined the forum and after 15 minutes of looking I couldn't find any other place to put this.

Sonce upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have had trouble getting Google chrome to work. Every time my laptop restarts after an "update" I get the same problem - Chrome does not work.
    I am getting rather tired of using Firefox or worse still, explorer to find the answer to my problem. When I finally find the answer (not to uninstall and reinstall Chrome) everything is fine, that is until the next "update" when the same thing happens.
    I would like to know if anyone has a permanent fix for this as I much prefer using chrome.

Here is the problem: I open chrome and my home page appears. That is it. I try to navigate to any page and Chrome appears to be searching, then stays on the home page with the new URL in the search bar.

I try not be judgmental, but is this just Microsoft trying to stick it to Google?

Please help

• *Sleepy

*Sleepy

:)

Aitchaitch, Sep 12, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Why chrome dosen´t work in windows 10

Chrome works fine for me on Windows 10. Post again and describe in detail what happens when you open Chrome on Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Sep 12, 2015
  3. GOOGLE CHROME

Is any chance to get google chrome on windows phone 8.1 and 10?

What's the reason not releasing google chrome to windows phone ?

THEERTHAGIRIGIRI, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

What is with Windows 10 and Chrome

Nope, Chrome is working perfect on both of my machines...

Try turning off all of you non-Google add-ons and then go to reset settings in Chromes advanced settings menu and reset Chrome to it's defaults. Maybe clear all caches(make sure you have write down any site passwords first(in manage passwords)) then restart Chrome and see if that helps. You can also run ipconfig /flushdns in an admin command prompt to clean that cache too. Then after to you restart Chrome some caches will be automatically rebuilt, if you, like I do, keep it sync'd. It could just be something is corrupted and cleaning and resetting cleans out hidden backup files and any .ini files.

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the info, but I can't even get into settings in chrome let alone advanced settings. Therefore I can't turn off the add-ons or clear anything else. Chrome just locks on my homepage (google.com.au) and goes no further.
    I do remember doing something in ipconfig at some point when I first did the upgrade to Win 10, but as I an NOT tech savvy in any way I find that doing anything like that without full instructions beyond me.
    It seen silly to me that I drive a car and I don't need a degree in mechanical engineering, yet if I do a (supposedly) simple upgrade on my laptop I need a degree in IT.
    I have been on Win 10 for over a month now so I can't even revert to my good old Win 7 without doing a clean install.
    The whole experience has been nothing but trouble from start to finish.

Aitchaitch, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Do you use Ccleaner? You could try that to clear all the Google caches too.

Cliff S, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Woo Hoo, Chrome just started working again. I did nothing so I guess the gremlins have gone.

Thanks for your help Cliff.

Aitchaitch, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

*chuckleYup them Gremlins get bored after awhile, and look for somebody else to bother. Your welcome.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is with Windows 10 and Chrome - Similar Threads - Chrome

2. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  3. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  4. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

6. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  7. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  8. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  9. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  10. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...