Windows 10: What issues to expect?

Discus and support What issues to expect? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Win10 Pro (in a VM) that hasn't been updated since last July and hasn't connected to the mothership since then either. If I decide to give it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GEWB, Feb 10, 2017.

1. GEWB Win User

What issues to expect?

I have Win10 Pro (in a VM) that hasn't been updated since last July and hasn't connected to the mothership since then either. If I decide to give it access to the Internet and run an update, what issues should I expect to have?

Regards,

:)

2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Feb 10, 2017
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Feb 10, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What issues to expect?

None. Based on my experience, anyway.

NavyLCDR, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

What issues to expect?

1. What issues to expect? - Similar Threads - issues expect

2. window activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window activation issue: windows is not activated. because I interred the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-activation-issue/94d59db0-9fed-431a-a409-c5433c8292d7
  3. window activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window activation issue: windows is not activated. because I interred the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-activation-issue/94d59db0-9fed-431a-a409-c5433c8292d7
  4. window activation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...: So, I've owned a license for pretty much every Windows release there's ever been that was worth having. From Windows 1.0 in 1985 through Windows 11. I've always been a proponent of trying to get people to do things the right way and obtain legitimate licenses for any Windows...
  6. Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...

Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...: So, I've owned a license for pretty much every Windows release there's ever been that was worth having. From Windows 1.0 in 1985 through Windows 11. I've always been a proponent of trying to get people to do things the right way and obtain legitimate licenses for any Windows...
  7. Activation issue - Expect a call from a support agent in about 988 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation issue - Expect a call from a support agent in about 988 minutes: Yesterday I used my Windows virtual machine for what I believe was the first time in 2022. However, while it had been activated just fine in 2021, it is now saying that it is not. I went to the troubleshooter and it eventually led me to a 'contact us' option. I did that and...
  8. Activation issue - Expect a call from a support agent in about 988 minutes

Activation issue - Expect a call from a support agent in about 988 minutes: Yesterday I used my Windows virtual machine for what I believe was the first time in 2022. However, while it had been activated just fine in 2021, it is now saying that it is not. I went to the troubleshooter and it eventually led me to a 'contact us' option. I did that and...
  9. Activation issue - Expect a call from a support agent in about 988 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Why is MS casual games sign in error 1170000 still an issue that MS expects users to solve...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is MS casual games sign in error 1170000 still an issue that MS expects users to solve...: I have been trying on and off for months to resolve my error 1170000 issue. I've read and tried so many suggested fixes, yet they either don't work at all or only work temporarily. I can sign into my Microsoft account, Microsoft Store, XBox Live etc using my Microsoft account...