Windows 10: What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

Discus and support What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DAVEY JONES, Jan 2, 2017.

1. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF

b7f63cc5ba627ee9391

Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know where they reside, I just run across them occasionally and have wondered for years what they are and now while doing some clean up, I get around to asking.

:)

DAVEY JONES, Jan 2, 2017
  2. garybear89, Jan 2, 2017
  3. BOOTNXT and BOOTTGT What are they and what do they do?

Still trying to find the answer to this, are there any MS experts out there that know?

jkksanders, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

The numbers generally refer to a software install used instead of a name often searching for the code will tell you the software this gets rid of the rubbish and better than ccleaner and 100% free UnCleaner - Josh Cell Softwares

Samuria, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

1. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer - Similar Threads - kind files are

2. What kind of malware can from a disappearing email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of malware can from a disappearing email?: Hello. I was working on my new laptop, which has a touch pad I'm not used to using. I meant to delete an email in my inbox, but accidentally clicked on the title for it. It looked as if it came from a person, not a business. It was not a link inside a message. No messsage...
  3. What kind of malware can from a disappearing email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What kind of malware can from a disappearing email?: Hello. I was working on my new laptop, which has a touch pad I'm not used to using. I meant to delete an email in my inbox, but accidentally clicked on the title for it. It looked as if it came from a person, not a business. It was not a link inside a message. No messsage...
  4. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  5. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  6. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ahsanm1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjr2t4/what_kind_of_file_is_this_it_comes_up_as_an/
  8. what kind of file is desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what kind of file is desktop.ini?: kindly explain what is the meaning of this type of file desktop.ini https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kind-of-file-is-desktopini/974c9185-4c1d-41d3-b6bc-376f5a7e49e2"
  9. Files appearing and disappearing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files appearing and disappearing.: Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared. Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need...
  10. Appearing and disappearing files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing and disappearing files!: Could someone please explain this to me? In Windows 10, I have a folder called GOONS. I put some files in it. But when I looked at it a while later, many more files were there! And then the next time I looked, they were gone! I wanna be able to put the files I want, in a...