Windows 10: what mean this option fast start-up ?

Discus and support what mean this option fast start-up ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; whether Select this option is the computer faster start-up than a normal ? Control Panel \ Power Options \ System Settings [img] 69478 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hogrnahro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. hogrnahro Win User

what mean this option fast start-up ?

whether Select this option is the computer faster start-up than a normal ?

Control Panel \ Power Options \ System Settings

what mean this option fast start-up ? [​IMG]

:)

hogrnahro, Nov 10, 2016

2. Visual issues on start-up: What does this mean?

what mean this option fast start-up ? [​IMG]

So, the image above looks similar to the display I had on my screen just today while it was booting up (black screen generally before it shows the usual windows 10 login interface). So, in place of that black screen that's loading up the windows 10 interface,
    I saw this instead (similar). My system booted up fine however and everything still runs fine - but that screen was far more "advanced" than it ever was. Used to be a little small line going across the top of the screen... so it went from that small line to
    the picture above basically, where the screen was full of vertical lines (color: red/blue/green/purple) and then went to my login screen like nothing ever happened..? My laptop (ASUS ROG - GTX 980m, i7) still runs fine as of now - yet, is this something i
    should really be worried about getting diagnosed? Are these signs of a damaged graphics card? Will this eventually start being visible on my screen even when it goes past the "supposed-to-be-black-screen"?

A bit concerning.. Come to think of it though, I've only started noticing these problems after I gave some love to Microsoft updates, or it's just coincidental and this started happening over time.
    ***wasn't sure what topic to label this***

LittleBit-, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Visual issues on start-up: What does this mean?

Hi,

We can't view the image you've hyperlinked. If the updates are the only ones you've done so far to your device, it could be colliding with your display driver. Check if there are any driver updates. In addition to this, we'd like to ask for an image added
    to your post itself.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Erika Aro, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Fast Startup saves some of the system that's in memory to disk before shutting down. At startup this is reloaded. It's quicker than loading all the executable files from scratch. It's a hybrid of resuming from hibernation and a cold start.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

5. hogrnahro Win User
    Hello ,
    thank you Breefor info .

hogrnahro, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    You're welcome.

If you choose fast startup then remember that some system settings are saved. If you want to be sure that everything gets reset at boot you'll need to use Restart instead of Shut down.

7. hogrnahro Win User
    Hello ,
    thank for every think Bree *Smile

hogrnahro, Nov 12, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

Just a FYI. Some user have no problems using Fast Startup and some users like me have problems with it. If you choose to use it and notice any problems later deselect it and see if your problem goes away.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what mean this option fast start-up ? - Similar Threads - mean option fast

2. What do the Language Bar options mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do the Language Bar options mean?: Hi everyone,I'm having issues understanding what the different options in the language bar means. When I turn them on/off I can't notice any difference....
  3. What do the Language Bar options mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do the Language Bar options mean?: Hi everyone,I'm having issues understanding what the different options in the language bar means. When I turn them on/off I can't notice any difference....
  4. Driver\Fast Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver\Fast Start Up: I recently have had problems starting my PC without a password or pin. I have done it for a very long time. I questioned the Community and was told to pose another question to help solve my problem: Driver\Fast Startup. If I untick the fast start-up, I can log on without...
  5. What is the meaning of reset this PC option????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the meaning of reset this PC option????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well....
  6. I got this pop up on start up. Anyone know what is means?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got this pop up on start up. Anyone know what is means?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mitchman3217 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e98jfa/i_got_this_pop_up_on_start_up_anyone_know_what_is/
  7. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  8. Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled: I'm working on a PC with Windows 10 Pro v1803 and a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard & SSD. The PC is configured to have boot menu options for normal boot, Macrium Reflect Recovery and Safe Mode. All works fine with fast start up disabled. With fast start-up enabled, the boot...
  9. What does this option mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this option mean?: Hi all, I recently just updated to 1607 and saw this new option under "Send your device data to Microsoft" I understand what Basic, Enhance and Full are but I have never seen the 'Security' one before, any one know what it is? [img] Thanks! 64660
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440