Windows 10: What Partitions do I need to keep

Discus and support What Partitions do I need to keep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Which partitions do I need to keep on Drive 1 [img] 105775 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pdc95, Mar 9, 2018.

1. pdc95 Win User

What Partitions do I need to keep

Which partitions do I need to keep on Drive 1

What Partitions do I need to keep [​IMG]

:)

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018

2. it says i need an email program? were do i get it from?

it tells me there is an email program needed that i dont have. were do i get it from

what do i do,,,, Mar 9, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How many restore partitions do I need ?

Hi Steeboo,

At some stage there were major updates performed on your system, which has caused these multiple Recovery Partitions . . .

Recovery Partitions are created out of your C Drive in turn . . .

So the only actual Recovery Partition that is required is the on to the right of your C Drive

You can safely remove the others if space is required . . .

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

We can't see enough details to advise you we need to see type and size

Samuria, Mar 9, 2018
  5. pdc95 Win User
    Here is the info on the 4 partitions.
    The second partition (E) appeared after using Minitools Partition Wizard to set up partitions on an external hard drive. Since which I have local drives I to R which have no size or content. MiniTools say they can do nothing about it.

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    Post an image from disk management - much easier to interpret

cereberus, Mar 9, 2018
  7. pdc95 Win User
    Disk Management does not see all the partitions

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

It only hides the MSR partition. We cannot see Drive 0 - you need to drag bottom of window down to enlarge window so we can see all drives.

cereberus, Mar 9, 2018
  9. pdc95 Win User
    Is this what you want.

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018
  10. Hi,
    You have 2 system recovery partitions
    At least one of them might be able to be removed
    Go to this pc and C and see if you have a windows.old folder or a upgrade folder
    You might need to show hidden folders files and drives to see it in folder options.

ThrashZone, Mar 9, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    To find out which is in use, open a command prompt (Admin) and type reagentc /info

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition3\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: d381b85f-11c6-11e8-8dbc-e34efc00a4ce Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.[/quote]

12. pdc95 Win User
    Windows.old was deleted some time ago.
    Can I simply delete all the partitions on drive 1 (Internal drive) and re partition it as a single partition.

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018
  13. pdc95 Win User

C:\Users\>reagentc /infoThis command can only be executed from an elevated command prompt.REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 5REAGENTC.EXE: An error has occurred.

This is the result.

pdc95, Mar 9, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    No, it won't boot. Your EFI system partition is on disk 1 and your C volume is on disk 0. You could move it onto the SSD if you wanted.

For reagentc you need to run from elevated command frompt (right click and run as Administrator).

15. Bree New Member
    Yes, that's normal in an ordinary command prompt. I did tell you to...

Thema:

1. What Partitions do I need to keep - Similar Threads - Partitions need keep

2. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  3. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  4. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  5. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  6. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. what i need to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    what i need to do: [ATTACH]pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-i-need-to-do/247d4883-f312-479a-94be-d2844d3773d5
  8. Do I need three recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need three recovery partitions?: Ideally I want to consolidate space in my C: drive so I can make a small Linux installation. I'm just wondering if these three recovery partitions are necessary. Also would installing the small Linux partition on my storage drive be an feasible option? [img] 152645
  9. Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?: Hi all, I have read that if I pre-partionate my SSD before the OS install (in another computer or with command prompt (diskpart) by pressing SHIFT+F10 at the region/language selection window of the installer), it won't create automatically the 3 UEFI related partitions...
  10. Do I need this partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need this partition?: Hi All, I bought my computer a few years ago with Windows 7 preinstalled. The drive was partitioned into "C" and a small recovery partition "E". I did a clean install of Windows 10. Do I still need the "E" partition??? Is it some sort of boot drive? The recovery folder...