Windows 10: What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop?

Discus and support What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here's my System Info: Attachment 41150 I was hoping for FPS, RPG, Racing, Adventure, or Rythm Games with Graphics(Optional) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alfa server, Oct 5, 2015.

1. What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop?

Here's my System Info:

Attachment 41150

I was hoping for FPS, RPG, Racing, Adventure, or Rythm Games with Graphics(Optional) and Gameplay(Recommended) similar to: Call of Duty 4 MW (FPS), Torchlight 2 (RPG/Adventure), Need for Speed (Racing) & osu! (Rythm).

Thnx in advance to everyone!*Smile

:)

alfa server, Oct 5, 2015

2. what would you recommend for the increase in the number of wp7 population ?

the world is highly educated about ios and android but windows phone os is not as well known because Microsoft does not seem to advertise about this wp7 os and there is a lack of public literacy and interest about this super cool and super easy to use os

from my side I would firstly recommend Microsoft to introduce the whole world about all the unique features about its os and start revealing its app store among everyone and the only best source to do this is the tv ads, yes msft does advertise "it all starts
    with a windows 7 pc" but its not that satisfactorily enough

doing this is a must because the situation is like chicken and egg, let me explain in short, if there are less apps, there are less customers and developers, and because of the less number of developers, there are less apps, ultimately leading again to less
    customers and less popularity, so its a chance for Microsoft to think back of first boosting the apps in marketplace from its own bought developers(instead of depending on the developers in public) and then encouraging the public towards the windows phone
    os

well these are all symptoms of being late in the mobile and tablet world

best of luck Microsoft

but hey what would you recommend Microsoft for it to boost in the market and acquire more market grounds?

lets start discussing!

Akash kalghatgi, Oct 5, 2015
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    what would you recommend for the increase in the number of wp7 population ?

It's not just the manufacturers though, is it? All the carriers have shops where I live, and you wouldn't know from the shop windows, offers, boards outside, etc., that any of them distributed WP7 'phones (even Nokias).

That's the consumer side.

On the enterprise side, I went to the Unified Comms Expo at Olympia (London) recently.

Bad start, in that their exhibition app had no WP7 version, which I tweeted them about, to be told that they had a WP7 market percentage in mind & that, once it is reached, an app will be written.

There was a nice Nokia stall, where I played with a Lumia 800, though I didn't think they had set it up to optimise the WP7 UI effect (e.g. no very interesting live tiles), and said so. The USP of the Lumia 800 from the Nokia guy's perspective was the
    build quality, gorilla glass, etc. Fair enough, but I would have liked to see them making a real attempt to sell the OS as well as the hardware; and the stall wasn't really humming. I guess they are not used to leading with, or even mentioning, the software
    part of the package - they need to learn new tricks.

I went to the Nokia presentation, billed as talking about the 3rd ecosystem - it was an introduction to WP7 as an enterprise 'phone platform (nice slides, and I'd say a pretty convincing and effective overview for those ignorant of the platform), but
    the only question from an audience member was, how were Nokia going to break into the enterprise market? which was an interesting angle, given Nokia's history - it caught the speaker slightly unawares. I had a word with the speaker afterwards, re on-device
    encryption, private Marketplaces, Outlook USB sync, etc., and came away with a pretty warm feeling that Nokia were a) aware of what the market actually wants, and b) getting their way with Microsoft re Apollo. I may well be disappointed, of course.

MandyShaw, Oct 5, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop?

I'm sure you will get answers more to your liking but my response would be NONE!

cbwilsha, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Slippery Win User
    You can try this web page, (Can You Run It) to get a pretty good idea of what your machine can run. The tool it will want to install is safe and is used to read your machine specs. It has a pretty comprehensive list of games new and old. Enjoy. Requirements Test

Slippery, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Yeah this tool isn't really reliable nor accurate. I've had it tell me I can't run this and I can't run that, but then I run those games on high settings easily.

LovingWindows, Oct 6, 2015
  7. Slippery Win User
    I'll bet you're not doing it on a laptop. I was trying to let him down gracefully. Because, like cbwilsha, I don't think laptops we're designed for games, even if they will run some of them, mainly because of power and cooling inadequacies.
    I too, have used that tool and in every instance have run games that it said I couldn't. But I build my own machines as well as machines for other people and the they perform pretty good. Now that I am broke and on fixed income, I am still running a 6 year old I7 and it still runs anything I throw at it. I always play everything at native resolution and the same vid card settings globally. So, go figure. The real point of that tool is to sell hardware and games.

Slippery, Oct 6, 2015
  8. invictus Win User

Disregard any possible negativity from others. I'll try to come up with a nice list of a variety of games you can play.

Also keep in mind I don't know what your integrated graphics card is on your laptop so I'm basing this off of assumption and logic that yours is that of an average laptop built a few years ago.

You can use a variety of emulators such as the PSP one, I won't name it here since I don't know if it's against the rules. But on the PSP there's tons of amazing rhythm games. There's also Bluestacks the Android Emulator. Pretty much every Rhythm game you see on Steam you can play easy. Audiosurf and Audiosurf 2 for sure.

You can play every Call of Duty up to Ghosts pretty well. As for Ghosts, AW, and BO3 you can try to take a crack at them but I don't want to get your hopes high on those.

You can play Battlefield 3 and 4, probably Hardline as well. Even Bad Company 2 and MIrror's Edge.

Pretty much most games prior to 2013 you can play. Assassin's Creeds up to last year's installment for sure.

Every single game made by Blizzard you can play. Racing games, I don't know if you'll be able to play Assetto Corsa or Project Cars, they're pretty higher spec games. But there's a massive library of racing games you can play easy. All the Dirt games, iRacing, GTR, Ridge Racer, Sonic and All Stars Racing & Transformed (super fun Mario Kart-like games with splitscreen on pc).

Don't get distraught into thinking you can't play games just because you have a lower spec laptop. You can play most every single pc game. Think about that for a second.

Most indie games you can play, and there's a lot on Steam. Also would like to mention Doom. Doom can run on anything and is amazingly fun. There's tons of mods for it that make the game feel more modern and there's a really active multiplayer community.

This game: SpeedRunners on Steam
    just came out, it's massively popular, has great reviews, and you can play it.

CS:GO, the most popular fps on Twitch daily. You can play this game. With that in mind the top 4 games on Twitch daily are League of Legends, Dota 2, CS: GO, and Hearthstone. You can play all of these.

You can play Minecraft as well as all the Telltale Games.

For RPG's you can play Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Star Wars KOTOR and KOTOR II and The Old Republic MMO which is f2p, all of the Fallout games, Skyrim, Oblivion, Elder Scrolls Online, Borderlands 1 and 2. You can also play Payday.

Most games you can play, just try to look around and get creative and chances are likely you can play it. The most popular and active games right now on pc can run on your laptop so don't get thinking you need to invest in a $700 pc.

invictus, Oct 6, 2015
  9. All i know is that my laptop runs on Intel(R) HD Graphics. I don't know if it can handle Nvidia though, i've always wanted to try it but I don't know if installing it would make that much of a difference cause NVidia might take up much more of the RAM than the games themselves. So far, my laptop can handle Assassins creed & COD 4 at low-medium settings and FPS drops when i shift to high. I also clean and optimize frequently so i think my laptop's already running at max performance. Are there any other ways to increase RAM besides this? In task manager, i see a bunch of processes that i think might not be of use to me (I'm not sure) like "Search" (I don't search much).

What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop? [​IMG]

And I think it's somehow related to "Cortana" which my laptop can't run because it's not supported in my Country. That won't make much of a problem if i delete/disable "Search", right?

alfa server, Oct 7, 2015
  10. coregamer Win User
    coregamer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop? - Similar Threads - games recommend middle

2. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  3. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  4. What would be the best gaming laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would be the best gaming laptop?: What would be the best gaming laptop for running high end games like Fortnite and Forza Horizon 4 that is $800 or under and doesn't scream GAMER so I don't look like a goon when I'm in public? Also my laptop right now is not a gamer but it has 12GB of RAM but only 1000MB...
  5. What software would you use?

What software would you use?: If you wanted to create a simple program on your Computer using the Parallel or Serial port as the I/O, what software would you use to write the program? I want to write a little program that sends series of code to my Computer Controlled Ham Radio, which will set. among...
  6. View Poll Results: What antivirus/antimalware program would you recommend?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus/antimalware program would you recommend?: How many of you solely use Windows Defender? How many use a third-party app? I've installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to renew. The Creators Update of Windows 10 seems to have a better antivirus/antimalware, but I don't...
  7. What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What PC games would you recommend for a middle class laptop?: Here's my System Info: [img] I was hoping for FPS, RPG, Racing, Adventure, or Rythm Games with Graphics(Optional) and Gameplay(Recommended) similar to: Call of Duty 4 MW (FPS), Torchlight 2 (RPG/Adventure), Need for Speed (Racing) & osu! (Rythm). Thnx in advance to...
  8. What AV would you recommend to me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What AV would you recommend to me?: Hi. I've been searching for a good replacer of Windows Defender (as it Win10 version have some features cut) and for the moment I returned to an old known friend, Avast. However. it's quite heavy and it comes with a lot of "features" I really don't care about. So, I'm...
  9. What Android Emulators do you recommend?

What Android Emulators do you recommend?: I would need an Android Emulator, that runs Lollipop or above, and runs decent on "bad" computers (You can check my specs for that). There are a few that I already tried and they failed, sadly they are the only ones that I know of right now. Here they are: - Memu: Really...
  10. What is smallest size of 4K screen (in inches) you would recommend?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is smallest size of 4K screen (in inches) you would recommend?: Hello What is the smallest physical size (in inches) of 4K screen that you would recommend with Windows10, in practice? Background As we all know, if one has a high resolution screen with a very high DPI, depending on how applications have been written, everything...