Windows 10: What powershell command will let me rename my network?

Discus and support What powershell command will let me rename my network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; *reallyI have a few PCs connected via a bridge on an ethernet LAN. They communicate with each other, not "the internet". I'd like to rename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

What powershell command will let me rename my network?

*reallyI have a few PCs connected via a bridge on an ethernet LAN. They communicate with each other, not "the internet".
    I'd like to rename "Unidentified network" to something more reasonable like "DoNotTreadOnMe" (allegorical.)

What powershell command will let me rename my network? [​IMG]

:)

SOHO1, Apr 24, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do you search for and replace a character in multiple filenames?

This command should do the trick in Powershell:

Dir | Rename-Item –NewName { $_.name –replace "#","" }

DaveM121, Apr 24, 2016
  3. pudu---01 Win User
    NOKIA 5230 CONTACTS & MEMORY CARD QUESTIONS

for rename mmc,

file manager

Open Mmc

Option

Memory card option

Rename/format

For voice command

Setting

phone

Voice commands

Option

Voice command Tutorials

Lets know if you get what you are searching for, frome above steps

pudu---01, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. What powershell command will let me rename my network? - Similar Threads - powershell command let

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What Does This Command Do In Powershell?

What Does This Command Do In Powershell?: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-command-do-in-powershell/1ff83e7f-2e15-4208-83ba-008423895b13
  6. powershell commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  7. Batch Rename in Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  8. "rename" command in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  9. Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.: Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line item is: c:\del /s/q/f d\*.* I am trying to delete all the files on my D drive. I get the following error: The item at D:\ has children and the Recurse parameter was not specified. I have spent hours...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename: Every time I get one of these involuntary updates from Microsoft, my PHOTOGRAPHS folder is renamed MUSIC. The folder icon changes also. Up to now it has merely been a nuisance. But after the most recent update, the RENAME option disappeared from the drop-down menu that...