Windows 10: What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

Discus and support What RAM should I add to my Win10 System? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello dear fellow members, I want to speed up my Windows 10 computer. I have little clue about what to pay attention to if I buy extra RAM. What RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Foreign Frisian, Sep 5, 2015.

1. What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

Hello dear fellow members,
    I want to speed up my Windows 10 computer.
    I have little clue about what to pay attention to if I buy extra RAM.
    What RAM should I add to my system? And in what slot should I place them?

I now have:
    2x 2GB DDR3 240-pin DIMM at 1333 MHz
    ( brand: Adata Premier Series PC3-10600 )
    I have a Asus P7P55D LE motherboard with 4 slots (2 blue slots currently used)

I want to buy 2 more 2GB DDR3 so i will have 8GB RAM in total.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Foreign Frisian, Sep 5, 2015
  2. tmbell Win User

What app should I use to add text and shapes to my photos?

What app should I use to add text and shapes to my photos?

tmbell, Sep 5, 2015
  3. What app should I use to add text and shapes to my photos?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that you can use Windows 10 build in Photo app for editing your pictures. However If you need more features then you can try installing apps from Windows Store for free and use it.

Fore reference: Photos app for Windows help

Let us know if you need more information. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 5, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

BunnyJ, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Foreign Frisian, Sep 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    You actually need to read the Mother Board Manual to find out exactly what brand of Memrory that your Mother board supports.
    It is better to get the same brand as what you currently have and put in the remaining slots.

In addition, Mixing different brand is not always a good option even though they have the same spec and that's why manufacturers always sell them in pair.

topgundcp, Sep 5, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    @Foreign Frisian

If it were me I would install a set of compatible new 2x4GB RAM in the blue slots and then sell the old RAM on ebay

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  8. What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

9. WhyMe Win User
    No it is not a definitive list. It just means that those listed have been tested to work. They won't have tested all models though as there are just way too many.

Another good way to select compatible modules is to go to a reputable memory manufacturer site. Personally, I buy mostly from (in alphabetical order) Corsair, Crucial, GSkil and Kingston.

All of those manufacturers also have their own lists of their RAM modules they have tested with specific motherboards. So you just check their listing against your Asus P7P55D LE on their database. *Smile

Some RAM manufacturer databases to start you off:
    http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/memory-finder
    Compatible Memory - RAM & SSD Advisor Tool | Crucial UK
    G.SKILL - RAM Configurator
    http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/se...pe=Motherboard

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  10. @WhyMe
    Thank you! Very helpfull!
    I checked my motherboard and I see my new RAM is in the list. So it will work.
    Also Googlet my ass of to read more about combining RAM's of different brands, that should be fine too.
    The new ones and the old ones have pretty much same specs.

So only one more thing on my questionlist:
    Im planning to place them like this: A B A B
    Where i'm putting the new RAM in the place where the old ones are now.
    And the Old ones in the now empty slots. (New in Blue slots and Old in Black slots)

What is your opinion? Is this best layout?

11. WhyMe Win User
    The new and old RAM modules will almost definitely work together but there is also a chance it could impact overall performance. I always recommend using only one model of RAM to ensure best performance

And yes, have one set in blue and one set in black. Each color denotes a separate channel and you want each memory type occupying its own channel. Please refer to your motherboard manual for confirmation as to how this works on your motherboard model.

Edit: Added the line in bold above. It is only in bold to mark it as an edit and does not denote any extra importance *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  12. Ok! I will check how the preformance will be.
    I can allways buy an extra set of the same NEW ram and sell the old.
    I will mark this Thread as Solved!

Thanks for the help!

Foreign Frisian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

1. What RAM should I add to my Win10 System? - Similar Threads - RAM should add

2. i want to add ram to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to add ram to my pc: I want to add 8gb of ram to my pc of motherboard HP 843F .I am thinking of buying : Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 or 2933MHz or 2666MHz Desktop Memory CT8G4DFRA32A link to site So will it be compatible with my motherboard?...
  3. i want to add ram to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add ram to my pc: I want to add 8gb of ram to my pc of motherboard HP 843F .I am thinking of buying : Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 or 2933MHz or 2666MHz Desktop Memory CT8G4DFRA32A link to site So will it be compatible with my motherboard?...
  4. I think my ram is broken what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my ram is broken what should I do?: I have 8 gb ram, but only 5,86 gb usable.also every time I start my PC its always used about 3gb it's even still happened in safe modeand don't tell me standard disabling startup programs because I already did itScreenshot above is not startup and I run some programsso yeah,...
  5. I think my ram is broken what should I do?

I think my ram is broken what should I do?: I have 8 gb ram, but only 5,86 gb usable.also every time I start my PC its always used about 3gb it's even still happened in safe modeand don't tell me standard disabling startup programs because I already did itScreenshot above is not startup and I run some programsso yeah,...
  6. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?: Hello i would like to ask if i should add a system restore point on my d drive, it has my user folders in it because i transferred the user folders from my c drive to my d drive since my d drive has more space. Should I add a system restore point here? And when i do restore,...
  7. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?: Hello i would like to ask if i should add a system restore point on my d drive, it has my user folders in it because i transferred the user folders from my c drive to my d drive since my d drive has more space. Should I add a system restore point here? And when i do restore,...
  8. Should i add a system restore point on my d drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How should i upgrade my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How should i upgrade my RAM: Hi there, my name is Daniel and i dont know if i can ask for help on this topic here but if i can here is my question.I have a laptop with 2 slots of ram with 2gb of RAM with a speed of only 800Mhz and i really want to upgrade bc it was performing quite slow lately. So my...
  10. What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?: Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to add another 8 gb for 16 Gb total. DDR4 2133mhz if your curious what type or if that even matters. My Os is on a SSD so when...