Windows 10: What Software do I need to watch TV (through cable) on my laptop

Discus and support What Software do I need to watch TV (through cable) on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All! I've recently updated to Windows 10 x64 on a Toshiba Satellite A665-11T laptop. It features a TV Tuner Card and I was using Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dindrtahl, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Dindrtahl Win User

What Software do I need to watch TV (through cable) on my laptop

Hello All! I've recently updated to Windows 10 x64 on a Toshiba Satellite A665-11T laptop. It features a TV Tuner Card and I was using Windows Media Center to watch TV. Now with WMC no longer available on Win10, what software should I use? I have found various posts about WMC alternatives, but I don't understand how to use any of them and when I watch tutorials they keep making me install tons of add-ons to the respective software in order to work. With WMC I was just plugging my TV Cable Antenna into my laptop and just click on Live TV and it started playing. I just only want to watch the TV programs I am paying for to my TV provider. My TV Tuner Card driver is up to date.

:)

Dindrtahl, Aug 10, 2015

2. Watching movie and in TV and do jobs on Laptop

I attached my laptop to my TV through an HDMI cable! My TV now mirrors my laptop but I also want to be able to watch a movie file on the TV while surfing the web on my laptop. How do i do this?

[Original Title: Watching movie files!]

EricOutlook, Aug 10, 2015
  3. how do I get my laptop to recognize the HDMI cable?

My TV just died, and a friend told me that it would probably cost at least $200.00 to get it fixed, bt that he could hook my laptop up to my cable box to allow me to watch my Bright House cable shows. I have obtained an HDMI cable and have hooked the cable
    box up to my laptop; however, my Windows 10 laptop doesn't recognize that the HDMI cable is connected! What Software do I need to watch TV (through cable) on my laptop :( What do I need to do to start watching my Cable on my laptop?

Tired and frustrated in St. Petersburg.

LadyPolgara, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Unfortunately, all of the third party media centers are going to be a bit piecemeal. That's because none of them implement everything themselves..

Also, you will generally only be able to access non-encrypted stations, because most third party media centers don't have cablecard support, and if they do, they won't support any media that's "protected".

Mystere, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. What Software do I need to watch TV (through cable) on my laptop - Similar Threads - Software need watch

2. My laptop is going through a Bsod loop , what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is going through a Bsod loop , what do I do?: I dont know what to do at all. I was trying to update some drivers using Pc Outbyte Updater. And I restarted. Next thing I knew, I cant do anything at all , the laptop is stuck in a Loop.It is a Nitro 5 Laptop , with a i5 Cpu and An Rtx 3050. It displays two errors : On...
  3. My laptop is going through a Bsod loop , what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is going through a Bsod loop , what do I do?: I dont know what to do at all. I was trying to update some drivers using Pc Outbyte Updater. And I restarted. Next thing I knew, I cant do anything at all , the laptop is stuck in a Loop.It is a Nitro 5 Laptop , with a i5 Cpu and An Rtx 3050. It displays two errors : On...
  4. how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable: how do I connect my Dell 7010 computer to my Panasonic tv by hdmi cable both are connected by dongle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-tv-dell-to-my-panasonic-tv-by/00ae3d8c-0f9d-4a78-a415-b7635779861e
  5. Can I watch the photos stored on the laptop through my Apple TV?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I watch the photos stored on the laptop through my Apple TV?: Can I watch the photos stored on the laptop through my Apple TV? I use Dell laptop running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-watch-the-photos-stored-on-the-laptop/b98636d5-b7ed-43dd-84d1-7b66711abc63
  6. watch netflix on tv from my laptop using cables?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    watch netflix on tv from my laptop using cables?: How do I use my TV as a display using my PC and cables? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watch-netflix-on-tv-from-my-laptop-using-cables/fbb7442a-a8b9-4182-bf9e-3326d3f65683
  7. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  8. I need Connect my Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Connect my Laptop to TV: How can I connect my Laptop to the TV Wirelessly? If anyone knows please I need help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-connect-my-laptop-to-tv/c82db8cc-316a-4f10-95d8-b1bde191edd7
  9. watching live stream tv on pc that is hardwire connected to cable tv source. how do I do it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    watching live stream tv on pc that is hardwire connected to cable tv source. how do I do it?: My pc is hardwired to the same modem that provides hardwire cable signal to my tv's around the house so I know the signal is coming in the back of my pc. I just want to watch real time tv on my computer from the cable system service that I am already paying for monthly. I...
  10. What cable do I need?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What cable do I need?: Hey guys, I've just ordered a 240GB SSD and it never came with a cable, what cable do I need and how would I install it, thanks Link to SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories 31801