Windows 10: What Start Menu option to Log out current user?

Discus and support What Start Menu option to Log out current user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can't find how to log out a user in Windows 10.... ? I happen to know the command line option for this ("logout", I believe) so I can still do it -... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

What Start Menu option to Log out current user?

Can't find how to log out a user in Windows 10.... ?
    I happen to know the command line option for this ("logout", I believe) so I can still do it - but why has MS removed it from the Power options and where is it now? Searching for it in the Start menu does not bring it up - only offer to search the web -duh!

:)

Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016

2. Switching Users Only available when Logged Out

So I want to be able to switch users and when I first installed Windows 10 I could switch users while others were logged in all the time. Then for a while I wasn't and I just dealt with it, then I was able, and now I have returned to not being able to switch
    users.

Here are the variables.

• Only current logged in user shows up in start menu
    • The only options when clicking user in start menu are "Change Account Settings", "Lock", and "Log Out"
    • Upon logging out, I will see all my users in bottom left of login screen.
    • The lock screen does NOT show any users in the bottom left when logged in.
    • There is no "Switch User" option in start menu or lock screen.
    • This is the case for all users.

Is is a Windows version issue?

Are there programs that can keep me from doing this?

Elissalion, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Switching Users Only available when Logged Out

As stated in my post, those options do not work.

• Only current logged in user shows up in start menu
    • The only options when clicking user in start menu are "Change Account Settings", "Lock", and "Log Out"
    • The lock screen does NOT show any users in the bottom left when logged in.

Elissalion, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Hannele2 Win User

Found it myself: Right click on the user name in the Start menu.

Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    What Start Menu option to Log out current user? [​IMG]

Måste skratta, hann se vad du hadde skrivit om ryssar innan du ändrade det *Smile.

You can also always use the Windows Shut Down dialog. Click an empty spot on desktop and press ALT + F4 to open it:

6. Hannele2 Win User
    Nice trick, thank you Kari! (haha what are the odds for that! I was in a debate on Facebook....)

Hannele2, Jul 14, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    I guessed that was the case, right post on wrong site *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What Start Menu option to Log out current user? - Similar Threads - Start Menu option

2. What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?: What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?If you click on it not only it doesnt starts the appropiate app's uninstall wizard but it opens the "Uninstall or change a program" window the one that's still the same since windows 7 and...
  3. What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?: What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?If you click on it not only it doesnt starts the appropiate app's uninstall wizard but it opens the "Uninstall or change a program" window the one that's still the same since windows 7 and...
  4. When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...: Currently I have two user account. If I login with user account other account should be logged out automatically if it is login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-with-other-account-currently-logged/7cbf5648-7482-4018-aaba-eaef141eee19
  5. Logging out options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging out options: Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if inactive for 5-7 minutes? I work with the elderly, and the location is a social hall. Frustrated users often walk away, rather than...
  6. Logging out options

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out options: Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if inactive for 5-7 minutes? I work with the elderly, and the location is a social hall. Frustrated users often walk away, rather than...
  7. "There are currently no power options available" error under START menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "There are currently no power options available" error under START menu: Today I noticed that I no longer have the ability to shut down or restart my computer using the START menu. When I click on the Power icon, it says "There are currently no power options available". Ctrl+Alt+Del window is also missing these functions. I am on Win 10 Home...
  8. Log off all but current user

Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  9. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  10. switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

switch user option on power option list or on start menu list: Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ? 34029