Windows 10: What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

Discus and support What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This system always checked for updates within about an hour of being started. After v.1803 installation, the WU check is usually after 9 PM, never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamis, Jun 27, 2018.

1. jamis Win User

What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

This system always checked for updates within about an hour of being started. After v.1803 installation, the WU check is usually after 9 PM, never shortly after boot up. That begs the question of what is triggering the check for updates? WU has not found KB4284848 yet with the auto check.

:)

jamis, Jun 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 27, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates? - Similar Threads - Times Auto Check

2. Auto disk check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto disk check: Hey,Does anyone have solution for my answer?I'm dualbooting Windows 8.1 and Windows 11, if i boot into Windows 8 it enables startup disk check, but if i go to Regedit it shows that is disabled in both operating systems.Any solutions?BR,Augustas...
  3. Auto disk check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto disk check: Hey,Does anyone have solution for my answer?I'm dualbooting Windows 8.1 and Windows 11, if i boot into Windows 8 it enables startup disk check, but if i go to Regedit it shows that is disabled in both operating systems.Any solutions?BR,Augustas...
  4. What is Windows 10 auto update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows 10 auto update: My latest installed windows 10 automatically update itself each time i switch my data on which is draining my subscription almost instantly.Also below is a must read article for paypal users:Paypal release funds trick...
  5. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?: At one time we were told to NOT click on WU "Check for updates" because it would bring in patches that were not necessarily ready for full release. Is that still true?...
  6. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?: At one time we were told to NOT click on WU "Check for updates" because it would bring in patches that were not necessarily ready for full release. Is that still true?...
  7. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Missing 2 updates in WU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing 2 updates in WU?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004, x64 - OS Build 19041.508 Yesterday was patch Tuesday right? I have only received 1 update: 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756) Missing: KB4577266 KB890830 I click on WU and they don't...
  9. Auto update of time and date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date has stopped working on my computer. This occurs after a cold boot. I need to keep adjusting it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/ed8bda10-6f14-44cc-9d1f-55af22ffadea
  10. Auto update of time and date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date function is not working correctly on my computer from cold boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/849aa002-a145-4562-836c-dd0cf3f1ea53