Windows 10: What to call text in the Control Panel?

Discus and support What to call text in the Control Panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is an area of the Control Panel where you can change the size of text in certain contexts. Ironically, none of the options affect the text of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Feb 5, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

What to call text in the Control Panel?

There is an area of the Control Panel where you can change the size of text in certain contexts. Ironically, none of the options affect the text of the Control Panel itself. I wish to make a suggestion via the Win 10 feedback system but in order to do this effectively I need to know what to call this text. It's not part of a title bar or a tooltip or a message box; what is it?

I am not interested in increasing the entire interface size to 125% or 150% so there's no need to suggest that. Thanks!

What to call text in the Control Panel? [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Feb 5, 2017

2. How do you change the text color in the control panel for W10?

There is no option for this, sorry. The only way to influence the color is to use a "high contrast" system-wide theme (which is probably overkill for your desire, but you can try it out if you want).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 5, 2017
  3. odie46 Win User
    How do you change the text color in the control panel for W10?

Not sure what happened. I intended to inquire about W10 but, my inquiry became relative to W7. I would like to know how to change the font color on the Control Panel screen.

Thanks;

Vic

odie46, Feb 5, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

That part is on the way out anyway, replaced by Settings panel.

CountMike, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Anak Win User
    You nailed it cradom; THX notice the blue Window Content in the right panel matches the blue striping in the content area, some also call it the Content Area.

What to call text in the Control Panel? [​IMG]

Source: Window (computing) - Wikipedia

Anak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What to call text in the Control Panel? - Similar Threads - call text Control

2. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what if there is no administrative section in control panel: how am i supposed to use administrative section to stop automatically update windows updateit was wrong info you go to settings windows update advance, you can only pause, i paused until june...
  3. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what if there is no administrative section in control panel: how am i supposed to use administrative section to stop automatically update windows updateit was wrong info you go to settings windows update advance, you can only pause, i paused until june...
  4. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New PC - what happened to Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC - what happened to Control Panel?: I got a new desktop yesterday and updated everything. Setting it up today, I can't find Control Panel, something I always put on the task bar. Did this go away? What's the best way to get at Admin Tools, Printers and Services and things like that? The Settings menu doesn't...
  6. I can't enter text in "search control panel"

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't enter text in "search control panel": I can enter text in the taskbar search box but not in the control panel search box. My mouse cursor won't even go there. There's a workaround by making the icons tiny but it's disconcerting since the laptop is brand new. 147669
  7. control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    control panel: I have intel g41 wddm 1.1 driver...can't open gfxui.exe(control panel)...does this driver really dont have a control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/control-panel/2fce9ea9-337e-454c-aaa1-edabd069e404
  8. Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.: So after my computer randomly restarting itself my desktop items have gone crazy. The text is miniscule, the alignment is insane and the (for lack of a better word) hitboxes are whacked out like so: [img] And then I go to access my Control Panel, no luck. Doesn't...
  9. control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel: I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs? 7093
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....