Windows 10: What to delete/format?

Discus and support What to delete/format? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm planning to install Windows 10, but confused on this screen: [img] What to do? 78158 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017.

1. What to delete/format?

I'm planning to install Windows 10, but confused on this screen:

What to delete/format? [​IMG]

What to do?

:)

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageWhat to delete/format? :).

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Feb 25, 2017
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

What to delete/format?

What is the PC and what is it running at the moment?

If it's Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 you can upgrade it, you don't need to do a clean install. Although the 'free upgrade' is supposed to have ended, seems Microsoft are still activating upgrades.

5. It's running Ubuntu, mate.

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    No need to format if using an ISO.....when mounting it asks what drive you wish to install W10, then formats it before installing.

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  7. Which drive to format?

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
  8. dencal Win User

What to delete/format?

Is it replacing Ubuntu....if so on same drive

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  9. ESP or OS drive?

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    You need to click on drives to see what is installed on them, then you will know where you choose to install.

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    Open disk management, right click on each drive then click on "open" will reveal everything on drive.

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  12. I'm installing from startup ie no Windows currently installed.

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
  13. dencal Win User

What to delete/format?

Hopefully someone else can assist you.

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    Do you want to 'wipe' the machine clean and start from scratch?

If so, include all your specs and lots of details of what you want to do and how you plan to do it.

Edwin, Feb 25, 2017
  15. No, I don't intend to start from scratch. My machine came pre-installed with Ubuntu. I tried 'upgrading' Windows through Usb ISO, but it wouldn't. I'm stuck in 'custom' not knowing what to do.

CandleJakk, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

What to delete/format?

1. What to delete/format? - Similar Threads - delete format

2. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  3. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  4. Can't delete/wipe/format my ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete/wipe/format my ssd.: Hi all,So, for a bit of background, I have a PC specs: AsRock h310cm-dvs, SSD kingmax 480 GB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 2 TB that runs Windows 11 then, out of a sudden, I got a blue screen with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, showing up every time I booted up the pc. I left...
  5. Can't delete/wipe/format my ssd.

Can't delete/wipe/format my ssd.: Hi all,So, for a bit of background, I have a PC specs: AsRock h310cm-dvs, SSD kingmax 480 GB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 2 TB that runs Windows 11 then, out of a sudden, I got a blue screen with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, showing up every time I booted up the pc. I left...
  6. Why can't I format, delete files, add files or make any changes to an SD card that had been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I format, delete files, add files or make any changes to an SD card that had been...: When I insert the card, it says it has a problem, but clicking on fix the problem doesn't do anything, it fails.I can see and access all the files on the SD card, and they go away when I delete them. I can delete all of them and the disk properties shows no space used.The I...
  7. Why can't I format, delete files, add files or make any changes to an SD card that had been...

Why can't I format, delete files, add files or make any changes to an SD card that had been...: When I insert the card, it says it has a problem, but clicking on fix the problem doesn't do anything, it fails.I can see and access all the files on the SD card, and they go away when I delete them. I can delete all of them and the disk properties shows no space used.The I...
  8. When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions?: When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-reinstalling-windows-from-a-usb-will-my-drive/ecc9d0c2-7d07-4fa7-a7c7-4f98627578ef
  9. When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions?

When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions?: When reinstalling windows from a usb, will my drive be formatted when I delete all partitions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-reinstalling-windows-from-a-usb-will-my-drive/ecc9d0c2-7d07-4fa7-a7c7-4f98627578ef
  10. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....