Windows 10: What to do after running netcfg -d command

Discus and support What to do after running netcfg -d command in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop Have been using it for past 6 months, no issues All drivers are installed correctly My roommate ran netcfg -d command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sanjeevsharma, Jul 22, 2016.

1. What to do after running netcfg -d command

I have a windows 10 laptop
    Have been using it for past 6 months, no issues
    All drivers are installed correctly
    My roommate ran netcfg -d command
    All network adapters are gone.
    Trouble even accessing my desktop
    How to bring adapters back.
    Can log in using the Windows administrator account.
    sfc/scannow did not fix the issue
    Please help

:)

sanjeevsharma, Jul 22, 2016
  2. rivers2 Win User

Windows 10 1511 Update breaks Network Discovery

Was able to solve my problem by running netcfg -d from command prompt on each computer, and then rebooting each. Everything worked normally after that.

rivers2, Jul 22, 2016
  3. rivers2 Win User
    Windows 10 1511 Update breaks Network Discovery

I did get errors when I executed the netcfg -d command.

I don't use IPv6.

I had to rerun the netcfg -d command on one of my computers after a reboot, but at least I know how to fix it now. One step forward indeed! What to do after running netcfg -d command ;)

rivers2, Jul 22, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

What to do after running netcfg -d command

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.

Please see if this tutorial helps. You'll need to re-set up your NICs.

Network Adapters - Cleanup and Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Thanks for replying
    The first option in the tutorial is not present on my windows 10
    The second option is exactly what has got me into trouble.
    Now what to do after running netcfg -d

sanjeevsharma, Jul 22, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Running netcfg -d wipes everything network and NIC related. I hope you have your network drivers downloaded and saved someplace. You also need a current W10 ISO.

Now you have to run a repair install to get the networking back into the OS.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

After that you'll need to reinstall your NIC drivers.

simrick, Jul 22, 2016
  7. Try Device Manager
    Right click the computer name at top
    Select Scan for hardware changes

Restart your machine

Connect Ethernet cable to your machine and to the ISP's adapter (cable modem)

If you have a connection, manually run Windows Update

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What to do after running netcfg -d command

1. What to do after running netcfg -d command - Similar Threads - running netcfg command

2. What happens after running the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens after running the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands?: Hello, I opened my command line and ran the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands. What happened after that? What are the consequences? And how to revert the changes? I don't know anything about the certutil command and what it does. Sorry if the selected topic is wrong. I...
  3. What happens after running the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens after running the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands?: Hello, I opened my command line and ran the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands. What happened after that? What are the consequences? And how to revert the changes? I don't know anything about the certutil command and what it does. Sorry if the selected topic is wrong. I...
  4. What happens after running the "certutil" and "certutil -dump" commands?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. netcfg -d not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netcfg -d not working: i run windows 11 latest updatenetcfg -d not working... failed. Error code: 0x0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netcfg-d-not-working/bf19e9ff-ee2a-41a6-abf3-45e8d1def34b
  6. netcfg -d not working

netcfg -d not working: i run windows 11 latest updatenetcfg -d not working... failed. Error code: 0x0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netcfg-d-not-working/bf19e9ff-ee2a-41a6-abf3-45e8d1def34b
  7. What happened to NETCFG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to NETCFG?: I was wondering why netcfg /v in an elevated command prompt produces nothing. Is this something I need to enable. My user account is part of the administrators group. I am on Win 11 with the latest service pack. I really need this info to trouble shoot some DNS issues I am...
  8. What happened to NETCFG?

What happened to NETCFG?: I was wondering why netcfg /v in an elevated command prompt produces nothing. Is this something I need to enable. My user account is part of the administrators group. I am on Win 11 with the latest service pack. I really need this info to trouble shoot some DNS issues I am...
  9. Bluescreen after netcfg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after netcfg: I had an issue where my computer wouldn't ping ip-adressess on the same network, so i tried running 'netcfg -d' in cmd to fix the problem. After rebooting my computer i got a bluescreen with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and a message that tcpip.sys had failed....
  10. Issue with Network after netcfg -d command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Network after netcfg -d command: Hi all I have the following issue. I try to remove Hyper-V from the my Laptop and because of not success on this point, I found a suggestion to use netcfg -d and after reboot all should work correct. But after the restart my Network Adapters are with Warnings signs under...