Windows 10: What to do when you've been hacked?

Discus and support What to do when you've been hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't login to my computer (Lenovo). Usually I use my PIN, but it's asking for my password, which I enter, yet it won't accept it. There were signs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elda M., Jul 11, 2018.

1. Elda M. Win User

What to do when you've been hacked?

I can't login to my computer (Lenovo). Usually I use my PIN, but it's asking for my password, which I enter, yet it won't accept it. There were signs along the way: unusual Spam (yahoo email), friend informed me of receiving unsolicited emails and computer issues I contributed to other things. Suggestions, please.

For what it's worth, I ran a scan with Microsoft which came out fine.

Many thanks,

Elda

:)

Elda M., Jul 11, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 11, 2018
  3. I've been hacked...

Considering Teamviewer got badly hacked in June last year I wouldn't have that anywhere near my PCs (especially as the company initially denied any problems, then later admitted that something didn't seem right with how many accounts were compromised). The fact it has reappeared is a bad sign - get rid of it again, and restart the laptop a few times to see if it gets installed again (as already suggested there could be a script running that's installing it).

If you have system restore running it may have a restore point when teamviewer was installed, or list that an old restore point would remove teamviewer - that would at least give you an indication on when it was installed. If the machine has been compromised though I'd personally take only the most important files off and wipe the whole thing, going in fresh with a new OS install. Also make sure you scan the files you want to keep from it to make sure there's nothing nefarious hiding amongst them.

human_error, Jul 11, 2018
  4. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. What to do when you've been hacked? - Similar Threads - you've been hacked

2. What to do when your account is hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when your account is hacked: My account on Microsoft has been hacked. I just noticed it today when I got on my computer and my name was something different with some Asian symbols as well. I went straight to the settings and looked at my info. I never noticed that my current security info has been...
  3. What to do when your account is hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when your account is hacked: My account on Microsoft has been hacked. I just noticed it today when I got on my computer and my name was something different with some Asian symbols as well. I went straight to the settings and looked at my info. I never noticed that my current security info has been...
  4. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if laptop has been hacked??: what shall I do if my laptop has been hacked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-laptop-has-been-hacked/7ced97ed-8dcb-4d9c-b204-4fa501db6a2b
  5. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if laptop has been hacked??: what shall I do if my laptop has been hacked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-laptop-has-been-hacked/7ced97ed-8dcb-4d9c-b204-4fa501db6a2b
  6. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. You've been signed in with a temporary profile

You've been signed in with a temporary profile: When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are empty, my desktop is empty, I tried the registry editor trick, I tried the cmd trick but none of it is working, when I did...
  8. What to do if I have been Hacked?

What to do if I have been Hacked?: what can i do to detect if someone edited my apps and condition.How could I enforce my security as well. [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-have-been-hacked/06f974e1-1425-4c91-a556-60a0d4e46193
  9. You've been log in on a temp account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You've been log in on a temp account: I turn my laptop on sleep for about 30mins... then turn it backed on... then after inputing my password on my user account it freezes or takes a while on loging in.. so i decided to hard reset ( hold power button for 10 secs)... then after rebooting im always loged in for a...
  10. You've been logged in as a temporary user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been logged in as a temporary user: I have looked for a post on this but can't find one with an answer, so apologies for the multi-post! i've done an upgrade install of win10 from 8.1, and from a hardware PoV all is running smoothly. The only issue is I can't access any of my old user files or settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone hacked what to do?

2. windows phone hacked what to do

3. what to do if windows machine has been hacked

4. laptop lenovo 110s been hacked by teamviewer 13 what can i do