Windows 10: What to do with six 500Gigs HDD

Discus and support What to do with six 500Gigs HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys and Gals, i was given( 6 )500Gig sata 6 , HDD's ( 3 terabytes in total) I am looking to put them to great use, i was thinking to put them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pantz, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Pantz Win User

What to do with six 500Gigs HDD

Hello Guys and Gals, i was given( 6 )500Gig sata 6 , HDD's ( 3 terabytes in total) I am looking to put them to great use, i was thinking to put them in a NAS box , is this do-able ? i plan on using it for taking all my important stuff of my Secondary drive an putting it on the NAS, along with Backup Images, files and pics , any an all suggestion are welcomed,

Thanks in Advance

:)

Pantz, Jun 15, 2016

2. HDD fails to respond

I recently added a new 1TB HDD (2.5" Seagate) to my win10, intel i7 PC and I successfully started to copy the files from the existing 500gig data drive. The copy process went well until the last few files when it appeared to hang. After an hour there was
    no progress so I cancelled the copy process. Windows explorer now shows the 1TB HDD and "correctly displays the folders and their contents" and it will also open a folder; however, if I try to go further it hangs and the system will not respond. Also, It
    shows that there is approx. 350gig of data on the drive which is the same as what was on the old drive. The system also hangs when I try to open 'properties'. It appears that the data has been transferred to the new HDD but the copy process failed to complete
    which has left the drive inoperable.

If I put the problem 1TB HDD into a USB caddy and attach it to my Asus i7 laptop it performs the same as when in the PC and you must disconnect the USB cable for the laptop to work.

I really need to recover the data transferred to this problem HDD as I foolishly/accidently wiped the old 500gig drive; therefore, I have lost much important data.

I do not think there is physical a problem with the new 1TB drive and hope you can help me recover the data. I would be grateful for any help to resolve this matter

Thank you Kelly

Moved from Health & Band

Kelvin J Henocq, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Trying to add accounts, error code 0x80040154

Hi Sorry I took a while to reply. I used the email app in windows 10 originally and everything went well. Sunday I downloaded the Outlook app on my Samsung and set up all my email accounts. that is working. I havn't tried to sync with the laptop yet.

what to do?62, Jun 15, 2016
Thema:

What to do with six 500Gigs HDD

1. What to do with six 500Gigs HDD - Similar Threads - six 500Gigs HDD

2. HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?: Windows 10 - older desktop computer. First the story:Had a 1TB HDD running everything. It started to struggle to boot. I put "buy a new drive" on my to-do list. And of course, it died before I replaced it. Procrastination 1, human 0.So before giving up, I purchased a new SSD,...
  3. rainbow six siege

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rainbow six siege: every time I try to run rainbow six siege test server is says file corruption detected the program will not be terminate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rainbow-six-siege/bf11b225-68e0-416c-8589-4b16ef671b7f"
  4. What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What HDD maintenance programs do you use?: I just came across Disk Checkup by PassMark software. PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility What do you use for accurate regular HDD health checks? 134014
  5. What does HDD Recovery on the boot menu do?

What does HDD Recovery on the boot menu do?: Maybe I am asking my question wrong. I am seriously just trying to get to the C drive on my laptop and want to know if I can get there via the boot menu that is on my screen right now. I cannot access my computer any other way and have no access to any other computer. What...
  6. SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD: After a week spent (reluctantly) performing BIOS updates, downloading and installing 1803 for Win 10 Pro and tweaking USB functions I was able to clone a Samsung 860 EVO 1tb 2.5 inch drive from a 1tb Toshiba HDD that came with Dell desktop. The easiest and simplest method to...
  7. After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD

After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD: Hello Everyone, I just installed a new 500 gb SSD and successfully moved the Operating System and data. I want to use the old HDD that still has an OS for storage. What do I need to do next? I downloaded AOMEI Petition Assistant but am not sure which option(s) I should...
  8. Smart TV with USB - what format do HDD's need to be

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart TV with USB - what format do HDD's need to be: Hi there Query on playing media on a smart TV directly by using the USB connection. Most Smart TV's I believe have some variant of Linux - probably Android based - built in OS. A lot of the new ones have provisions for playing media directly via the USB connector(s)....
  9. Is this a dying HDD? What to do now?

Is this a dying HDD? What to do now?: Hello all! Today, I turned on my PC as always. I was in the room next to the PC, and it striked as odd the Windows startup sound wasn't playing. I came back to check, and a message appeared regarding Analyzing and Repairing my E unit, a secondary drive. This drive was...
  10. HDD has six partitions after clean install

HDD has six partitions after clean install: After a clean install of the 10240 build I ended up w/six partitions on my HDD. It appears 3 and 5 are just taking up space. I deleted all the partitions as part of the install, but did not format the drive. Initially the clean install would not activate but a reset cured...