Windows 10: What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation?

Discus and support What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm planning to reinstall Windows and all my other programs on my PC. I did this last year too, but I had some problem determining what type of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fortitude, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Fortitude Win User

What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation?

I'm planning to reinstall Windows and all my other programs on my PC. I did this last year too, but I had some problem determining what type of accounts to set up.

Currently I have on my PC an Administrator Account which is a Local Account and a Standard User Account which is a Microsoft Account. Would this be recommended for the future assuming that I shall be running Windows on two devices (1 PC and 1 tablet) as a sole user?

I wonder if the Administrator Account (not the built-in one) should better be a Microsoft Account and the Standard User Account be a Local Account.

:)

Fortitude, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 25, 2018
  4. What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation?

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation?

1. What types of accounts are ideal for a simple installation? - Similar Threads - types accounts are

2. ideal and question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ideal and question: This can be the question or an idea of i just thought of ok when are Windows 11 is updating would it be a good idea to change the Scroller when its Updating when u did the same thing for windows 11 when windows 11 boots up or no?...
  3. ideal and question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ideal and question: This can be the question or an idea of i just thought of ok when are Windows 11 is updating would it be a good idea to change the Scroller when its Updating when u did the same thing for windows 11 when windows 11 boots up or no?...
  4. would like simple explanation - types of accounts+ how to remove.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would like simple explanation - types of accounts+ how to remove.: hi all, i have a HP desktop and currently have 3 ""accounts"" show up on screen as choices to sign in:1 MG my name - a local account with admin privileges- this is the one i usualy use. 2 MG ''' '' 3 PCUser a local account with admin .I consider in know something about PC's...
  5. would like simple explanation - types of accounts+ how to remove.

would like simple explanation - types of accounts+ how to remove.: hi all, i have a HP desktop and currently have 3 ""accounts"" show up on screen as choices to sign in:1 MG my name - a local account with admin privileges- this is the one i usualy use. 2 MG ''' '' 3 PCUser a local account with admin .I consider in know something about PC's...
  6. would like simple explanation - types of accounts+ how to remove.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. my ideal world

my ideal world: A Microsoft supported program that lets you connect (example) desk top computer to a new lap top and seamless transfers your desk top icons. Lets say you use a hdmi or usb cable between the two, opens up and says 'transfer' and moves files and data and desk top stuff to the...
  8. What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What type of account should be used on a rebuild?: Hi Guys, I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage, I've just done a complete re-install on a Windows 10 laptop and ofcourse it asked me about accounts, as I'm used to doing local and I might sell the...
  9. A simple Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A simple Guest account?: Hi Guys, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and want a simple Guest account for visitors. The only add users options I have involve my visitors setting up email accounts, etc, which defeats the object of a simple Guest account. I've looked online and there are many...
  10. what is the ideal size to save restore point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is the ideal size to save restore point?: as seen in this image, mine is set to save with this size limit. should i increase it? i ask because few weeks ago when i tried to use restore option to revert to time when pc was working fine, and got error message and said it couldnt use it...maybe because the size i set...