Windows 10: What use is saving login details?

Discus and support What use is saving login details? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 6, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

What use is saving login details?

For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any effect at all, I have just the same difficulties as before. So what does remember, save, etc. do?

:)

clayto, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

What use is saving login details?

1. What use is saving login details? - Similar Threads - saving login details

2. Unable to login license detail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login license detail: Dear sir,Unable to login licensing portal . please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-license-detail/ddb316b8-b11e-4413-adff-c99f1ec05168
  3. Unable to login license detail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login license detail: Dear sir,Unable to login licensing portal . please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-license-detail/ddb316b8-b11e-4413-adff-c99f1ec05168
  4. Windows won't accept login details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept login details: Hi, wondering if someone can help,I decided to reset my PC as everything of importance was moved to a new one, reset seemed to run fine, but when i get to the login screen it won't accept my email and password, nor will it accept any of the other 3 account i have access to,...
  5. Credential Manager not saving details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager not saving details: Windows 10 Machine running OS Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Updated to latest available version as of 04/10/2021.When going to save details in credential manager the details are saved if the profile stay's logged in however if a reboot or a log off and log back onto the account...
  6. Card details refusing to save

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Card details refusing to save: Every time I add my bank card to the in browser or the app of Microsoft store it ether refuses to save my details or deletes them after I enter them. I cant find anything else on here about it, any help would be appreciated ....
  7. No password bar or login details

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password bar or login details: When I first booted up my PC today I came across something new, when i went to enter in my password or well pin to login it just shows the background image with its blurred effect. No login details or section to enter my pin, it also brought up an on screen keyboard which was...
  8. Login details hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login details hacked.: Recently Creative's Soundblaster forums were pulled down after a data breach which included Email addresses, Forum user names, IP addresses and Encrypted passwords. What would be the course of action in terms of securing myself from any further attack? 116288
  9. What is saving login details?

in Browsers and Email
    What is saving login details?: For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any...
  10. Edge not recognising specific site login as a 'form'. No details saved

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not recognising specific site login as a 'form'. No details saved: Out of forty or so sites I have set up in Edge, one is proving troublesome. The site in question is Sony UK Community Forum: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/engl...munity/ct-p/en I have posted about the issue on that site. I had zero issues before 1803 April 2018 Update...