What use is saving login details?

Discus and support What use is saving login details? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 6, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any effect at all, I have just the same difficulties as before. So what does remember, save, etc. do?

:)

clayto, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Shadow Eagle Win User
    Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

What use is saving login details?

What use is saving login details? - Similar Threads - saving login details

1. How do I allow Windows to save over open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I allow Windows to save over open files?: Hello, I am working in Photoshop and Maya and it is extremely convenient for my workflow to save over the last version of a texture and have Maya automatically update to the new texture. I do this all the time in OS X. Since switching to windows however, as long as a file is...
  2. File not found when doing Save As

in Windows 10 Support
    File not found when doing Save As: (Office 2016) This problem happens with Office Apps (Pub,Excel,Word etc) since build 1803. When I try to "save as" a file to my C:, I get this message "File not found"*Confused It will "save as" to an external drive without issue. Permissions problem??? OR?? 112180
  3. Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications: How do i disable the Save as pop up messages that arises when i try to close the notepad application having some unsaved data? Is it possible in windows 10? 111999
  4. What is saving login details?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is saving login details?: For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any...
  5. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures: My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the Captures folder, is there a way to correct this like some value buried in RegEdit or something 111400
  6. Edge not recognising specific site login as a 'form'. No details saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge not recognising specific site login as a 'form'. No details saved: Out of forty or so sites I have set up in Edge, one is proving troublesome. The site in question is Sony UK Community Forum: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/engl...munity/ct-p/en I have posted about the issue on that site. I had zero issues before 1803 April 2018 Update...
  7. Egde does not save Login info. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Egde does not save Login info. Any fix?: I have my save form entries on. I do NOT have clear form data checked under clear browser data. I want cookies cleared therefore must check clear cookies and saved website data. How can I have my web site LOGIN info saved? I check remember me on each individual site. I did...
What use is saving login details? solved