Windows 10: What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

Discus and support What User Account should I use for PC to be sold in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Glad we could help Greg. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

Glad we could help Greg.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  2. gzt7d8 Win User

I'm going to sell my PC but before I do, I'm going to put a clean install on the machine. As part of a normal installation steps, you normally login to your MS Account. But I don't want to put my account on the machine, I'm hoping you have a solution that will allow me to put some local/temp user account that the new owner can then login with their MS account name and password after they purchase the PC.

I looked through the User Tutorials but nothing jumped out at me.

What do you suggest?

Greg

:)

gzt7d8, Apr 9, 2018
  3. What Compatibility should I use for minecraft pc edition?

Plz answer the question in my subject

DannyGrosset-Worden, Apr 9, 2018
  4. What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

What Compatibility should I use for minecraft pc edition?

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Please refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-on-windows/game-titles/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-faq

We have a dedicated team to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same in below forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Greg, *Smile

If you like, while doing a clean install, you can stop at step 16 below and just turn off the PC. This will give you an out-of-box experience (OOBE) for the new owner to pick up at this step to continue setting up Windows 10 on the PC how they want.

*Arrow Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 9, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    At the first user login screen where you would normally create the first user account, press ctrl+shift+F3. This will log you into the built-in administrator account in audit mode. You can connect to WiFi or Ethernet, do updates, install device drivers, make sure the computer is all set up properly. Then select the option in the Sysprep window that opens automatically to shutdown in OOBE mode. All traces of the login that was temporarily used, including WiFi network name and password will be erased and the next time the computer is booted, it will go back to the initial screen asking to create the first user account as if nobody had ever logged onto the computer before. But all the device drivers and updates installed will remain in place.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2018
  7. It's called an Offline Account, and it's an option during the install routine. Choose Personal as for the type of account. The installer will true to persuade you to use a Microsoft Account, but you can continue on. I normally create one called User or End User or something like that.

DeaconFrost, Apr 10, 2018
  8. gzt7d8 Win User

Outstanding responses, all of which seem easy enough for me to put in place. I had planned on doing a clean install ahead of the planned sale so I might just run through these recommendations ahead of the actual sale.

Thanks again for your responses!

Greg

gzt7d8, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

1. What User Account should I use for PC to be sold - Similar Threads - User Account should

2. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...: Should a user PC account be replaced with a new user account periodically? My login is slow, could that be due to a problem/problems with my user account?...
  3. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...: Should a user PC account be replaced with a new user account periodically? My login is slow, could that be due to a problem/problems with my user account?...
  4. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  6. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  7. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...
  9. What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What type of account should be used on a rebuild?: Hi Guys, I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage, I've just done a complete re-install on a Windows 10 laptop and ofcourse it asked me about accounts, as I'm used to doing local and I might sell the...
  10. should I use a standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    should I use a standard user account?: Is it still recommended to do your daily tasks in a non-administrator user account, or is that obsolete advice in windows 8-10? 43250