Windows 10: What version will I recover?

Discus and support What version will I recover? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I purchased my Laptop it came with Windows 8 Home. Subsequently via updates, it was upgraded to Windows 8.1 Home. It was then updated with free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pob786, Aug 1, 2016.

1. pob786 Win User

What version will I recover?

When I purchased my Laptop it came with Windows 8 Home.
    Subsequently via updates, it was upgraded to Windows 8.1 Home.
    It was then updated with free upgrade to Windows 10 Home.
    If I "recovered/reset" my Laptop, which version would it recover to?
    Thank you and regards,
    John P.

:)

pob786, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Eric Qian Win User

What version of Windows 10 will I receive if I have Windows 8.1 Pro Retail?

Hi everyone, can someone help me with this question? So basically, I have the Windows 8.1 Pro Retail version(Which allows me to build another computer, and use the same license key, as long as only one have the Windows Installation, and is purchased from
    a store instead of coming with the computer). I Understands that I will be receiving the Windows 10 Pro, since I am upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro,
    BUT am I receiving the
    RETAIL version(The store version, and allows me to modify my computer however I like),
    or will I be getting the OEM(System Bound/Original Equipment Manufacture) version? Thanks!

Eric Qian, Aug 1, 2016
  3. What version of windows 10 will i get

You are welcome.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, it depends what sort of recovery you are referring to.
    1. If you still have the manufacturer's recovery partition present, and were able to make use of it, that would restore your PC to the state as bought.
    2. If you are referring to Win 10 refresh/reset then you will be dealing only with Win 10.
    Reset Recovery Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    3. If it's more than 30 days since you upgraded to 10, then your Windows.old created when you upgraded to '10 - your Win 8.1- will have been deleted.

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

1. What version will I recover? - Similar Threads - version recover

2. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  3. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  4. Recover original windows 11 version using product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover original windows 11 version using product key: Hello,I have just bought a new laptop, and it has its own product key for windows 11. However, I upgraded the windows version to windows 11 pro. Now, the product key is no longer working, and I want to recover the original windows 11 version where the product key is licensed....
  5. Recover original windows 11 version using product key

Recover original windows 11 version using product key: Hello,I have just bought a new laptop, and it has its own product key for windows 11. However, I upgraded the windows version to windows 11 pro. Now, the product key is no longer working, and I want to recover the original windows 11 version where the product key is licensed....
  6. How to revert MS News app to recover previous version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert MS News app to recover previous version?: I just performed an In Place Upgrade to a couple of Win10 PCs.It was followed with an avalanche of updates.Unexpectedly, it modified the MS News app.That app is tiled in the Start Menu.The previous Windows 10 Start Menu app launched a simple tiled news program.Now suddenly,...
  7. How to revert MS News app to recover previous version?

How to revert MS News app to recover previous version?: I just performed an In Place Upgrade to a couple of Win10 PCs.It was followed with an avalanche of updates.Unexpectedly, it modified the MS News app.That app is tiled in the Start Menu.The previous Windows 10 Start Menu app launched a simple tiled news program.Now suddenly,...
  8. Recover to version 1909 of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover to version 1909 of windows 10: After updating to version 2004, I have some problems with internet connection. I want to restore version 1909. What should I do?I updated my windows three or four days ago...
  9. "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...: I had to create a recovery drive from my work PC after BSOD on our family laptop i had no choice and nothing i read suggested the version of Win10 was important when creating the recovery drive but after finally getting the family laptop back into life it will not activate...
  10. how to recover files from previous windows version backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover files from previous windows version backups: Need to recover some files from old backups made on windows 7 or older and I am using windows 10 now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-from-previous-windows-version/2440db88-0967-4cfd-9da0-2172a32fb0bf