Windows 10: What was this window ?

Discus and support What was this window ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is not really a problem but today I plug for the first time my officiel usb key Windows 10 in order to be sure that there is something in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baallrog, Jun 26, 2016.

1. baallrog Win User

What was this window ?

Hi,

This is not really a problem but today I plug for the first time my officiel usb key Windows 10 in order to be sure that there is something in. I recently installed Windows 10 and I'm not totally used to it.
    And after plugging the usb key, I open the computer icon and then double clic on the icon of the usb drive.
    But suddenly a window came in and capture the clic.
    My cursor was right at the bottom left of this window where there was a button called "Do not ask me".
    So as the window capture the clic, the button was pressed and the window gone ... This was so quick that I totally don't know what was this window ...
    The window was large and cover a large amount of the screen.

Did you have an idea of what can be this window ?

I know that this is potentially not a problem, who know's, but this bother me a lilttle as the button clicked indicate that I will be not prompt later ...

:)

baallrog, Jun 26, 2016
  2. cutej007 Win User

what was this about what happen to store

I want to download pixart but in photo category nothing I showing.

wp_ss_20140524_0002.png

cutej007, Jun 26, 2016
  3. what was this about what happen to store

PicsArt

techbuzzireland, Jun 26, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

What was this window ?

Hello baallrog and welcome to TenForums *Smile

It was probably Windows 10 asking you how you wanted to open the USB media that you had just plugged in. This often happens when you insert new media and is part of the Autoplay functionality of W10. To see how this works and to turn it on or off you can look through this turorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  5. baallrog Win User
    Thank you for your answer.

I tried to reproduce the thing by defaulting the parameter relative to the autoplay.
    It's launching a window but it's not the window I met.
    It's just the window that prompt me to choose an action.

Can I see in windows log or something else what was the window ?
    The only thing I remeber clearly that it was a large window with a button at the bottom left. That's very special ...
    It could be some window about the backup or an update of windows defender ?
    As my pc had just started ...

baallrog, Jun 26, 2016
  6. It might have been coincidentally a Cortana dialog - just happened when you inserted the USB

Hard to tell - but you're probably right, I know that this is potentially not a problem

Type something into the search box to bring up Cortana, then click the gear and check your settings.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2016
  7. baallrog Win User
    Unfortunately I have disabled Cortana's suggestions right after the installation.
    So I think it might be something else.

Anyway, I don't think this will be a problem in the future, I hope !
    If I find what was this window I will make a feedback here.
    Thanks for your help !

baallrog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What was this window ?

1. What was this window ? - Similar Threads - was window

2. Windows help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows help: I recently got a used Alienware aura r6 and when I factory reset it the old user account is still there and when I try to log in it says user account not found and when I try to boot off of a windows 10 USB it doesn't show up in the BIOS unless it's in legacy mode but when I...
  3. Media Feature Pack WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack WIndows 11: I have just purchased a new laptop running WIndows 11 Home edition. I am unable to find the media feature pack for this OPS. All downloads I can find are for WIndows N 10/11, and I'm not sure if this is for my system. If there is a link available to the correct download I...
  4. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  5. Windows help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows help: I recently got a used Alienware aura r6 and when I factory reset it the old user account is still there and when I try to log in it says user account not found and when I try to boot off of a windows 10 USB it doesn't show up in the BIOS unless it's in legacy mode but when I...
  6. Media Feature Pack WIndows 11

Media Feature Pack WIndows 11: I have just purchased a new laptop running WIndows 11 Home edition. I am unable to find the media feature pack for this OPS. All downloads I can find are for WIndows N 10/11, and I'm not sure if this is for my system. If there is a link available to the correct download I...
  7. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  8. Windows help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Update will not load.

Windows Update will not load.: I have Windows 11 installed and have not had any problems over the past 1+ year since I installed it as an upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, about once a month I run Windows Update to check for any updates, and when found, I have always installed them with no trouble....
  10. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...