Windows 10: What will come after Windows 10?

Discus and support What will come after Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm very curious to know what MSFT plans to do after support for Windows 10 has ended. Will Windows become a service, or will a new OS be released?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x64, Jan 11, 2016.

1. X64
    x64 Win User

What will come after Windows 10?

I'm very curious to know what MSFT plans to do after support for Windows 10 has ended. Will Windows become a service, or will a new OS be released?

I thought I would also mention that some users are dumping Windows entirely and switching to Linux based systems.

:)

2. farby Win User

after what time next nokia update will come

There isn't any fixed schedule ...

farby, Jan 11, 2016
  3. timkamat Win User
    after what time next nokia update will come

and for which device?

timkamat, Jan 11, 2016
  4. What will come after Windows 10?

Microsoft seems to be edging towards Windows 10 being a service.
    They'll probably drop the '10' after a while.

Casual computers don't really need any specific OS. Macintosh, Windows, Linux, Android, XBox... most will function for every day requirements.

As with everything Microsoft arrives late to the party. They didn't really think an internet browser would ever be a thing till a couple of weeks ago. And now they have the most annoying one out there!

The future of computing at the moment is with the relationship you will want with things in your house... TV, fridge, lights, air con... Microsoft doesn't seem to have a plan for this at all.

So, they'll keep stumbling by with their Windows updates hoping that one day they'll come up with an original concept that people will actually want!

teachermark, Jan 11, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    It would be resonable to suppose a company the size of MS has a think-tank somewhere dreaming up the next OS generation beyond Windows.

What form that would be we can only speculate eg a true 3D holographic interface (Agents of Shield), or thought controlled?

Scifi perhaps, but modern pcs were only a glimmer in somebody's imagination when I was younger. Look at things in Star Trek we consider common place now!

cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  6. z3r010 Win User
    Retirement for me *Biggrin

z3r010, Jan 12, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Good deal.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  8. banger Win User

I wish I had wrote alot of what I had said down in 1995, when I said solid state drives would become commonplace, still not there yet with that. But I also imagined Office over the net, with speeds getting faster and fibre commonplace I would imagine a subscription service like google docs could become viable with no fears of piracy only hackers.

banger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema: