Windows 10: What will Happen to the preview version once Windows 10 is live

Discus and support What will Happen to the preview version once Windows 10 is live in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview on my PC. It was previously running a non genuine copy of Windows 7 and just wanted to know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015.

1. SirChaos Win User

What will Happen to the preview version once Windows 10 is live

I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview on my PC. It was previously running a non genuine copy of Windows 7 and just wanted to know what would happen once the Windows 10 launches. Will I be stuck with the Preview until it expires on October 1 or will I be allowed to update to Windows 10 from the Insider Preview? Thanks for your time and help.

:)

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015

2. How to proceed to reserve my copy of Windows 10?

Hmmm....thinking of upgrading using the ISO file. Will it be the same if I upgrade using the Windows 10 Preview? What will happen to it once Windows 10 is live?

Jan Kenneth Salvador, Jun 8, 2015
  3. Vijay B Win User
    What will happen to the Windows Live Essentials?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Technical Preview testing.

For details on your specific device and apps, you can use the Get Windows 10 app to do a compatibility check. Click the menu in the upper left of the app, and select “Check your PC” or “Your PC is good to go.” This displays any compatibility issues we find
    and recommends a resolution; while we don’t have info on every app or device in existence, it provides a comprehensive list of all known potential compatibility issues.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

Without a legit key to upgrade with you might have to purchase the OS. Another possibility is MS is supposed to keep the Insider program going. You might be able to continue testing.

Winuser, Jun 8, 2015
  5. SirChaos Win User
    The only key I have is the one given to me when I joined the insider program. I'm pretty sure that isn't the one you were talking about but I lost nothing by stating the extra info.

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    The key for the insider preview is only good for the insider preview. Unless MS decides to give the testers a free copy. As nice as that would be I doubt that will happen.

Winuser, Jun 8, 2015
  7. SirChaos Win User
  8. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Jun 8, 2015
  9. SirChaos Win User
    Well only time will tell, thanks for your help

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015
  10. batlhilz Win User
    you can continue @ insider program or update to RTM, ill stick with insider (the option to choose came with the 10135)

batlhilz, Jun 8, 2015
  11. SirChaos Win User
    Did the option just get prompted or how did you make that choice?

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015
  12. batlhilz Win User
    its an option in the "update" settings

batlhilz, Jun 8, 2015
  13. SirChaos Win User

I appreciate it, thanks for the info. I'll be updating soon .

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015
  14. bromanbro Win User
    A leaked 10135 build. There's a thread on it on this forum.

Far as I understand so far, you have 3 options:

1. Continue on Insider Program, receiving bleeding edge builds with experimental features. You are still in the Insider Program, subject to the Insider Program EULA, and MS can shut down the Insider Program whenever they want, eliminating access to Insider Builds.

2. Continue on Insider Program, but convert to the "slow lane" where you'll be testing RTM/Final, instead of more bleeding edge builds with experimental features. Once again, you're still in the Insider Program, subject to the Insider Program EULA, and MS can shut down the Insider Program whenever they want, eliminating access to Insider Builds.

Finally,if you have an eligible Windows 7/8 key, at some point you'll be given the opportunity to punch that key in, and get upgraded to Windows 10 RTM/Final. That means you'll be leaving the Insider Program, and will have a retail copy of Windows 10 that will not be affected if/when MS ends the Insider Program.

TLDR: Unless you have an eligible upgrade key, you're still in the Insider Program, either testing RTM/Final, or more bleeding edge builds with experimental features. However at some point MS will ​end the Insider Program.

bromanbro, Jun 8, 2015
  15. SirChaos Win User
    Currently I do not have a windows 7 key, but I did install the insider into that PC. I feel like it would be best that I stay in the insider version until I can buy a copy of with does 10. Would that seem like a good idea?

SirChaos, Jun 8, 2015
Thema:

1. What will Happen to the preview version once Windows 10 is live - Similar Threads - Happen preview version

2. What happened to Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview?: Hi folks. I'm trying to find the Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview download but all links that reference it Main on is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 only provide Windows 11 ARM now. Can't find the Windows 10 ARM download anywhere....
  3. live preview in excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    live preview in excel: live preview in excel is not working even though it is enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-preview-in-excel/983947e9-c241-4dc7-b4e7-dca2788d0a1f
  4. What happened to live technical support with remote assistance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to live technical support with remote assistance: What happened to live technical support with remote assistance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-live-technical-support-with/4a4ea58b-fba3-4fd2-ac95-5f6fd79b98af
  5. What happened to the thumbnail preview of puzzles for Microsoft Jigsaw?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the thumbnail preview of puzzles for Microsoft Jigsaw?: No matter what puzzle I pick it doesn’t display the preview image in the corner. Completing puzzles without a reference image in nigh impossible for me. I tried reseting and reinstalled the app, no fix. Did an update break it?...
  6. What will happen if i go back to previous version of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What will happen if i go back to previous version of windows 10?: A few days before my laptop got automatically updated to the latest version, due to which the taskbar and certain functionalities are affected and causing issues. Today I'm facing wifi connectivity issues. I encountered an option thats stats Go back to the previous version of...
  7. Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 10 Issue: Hello TenForum, I am having issues with thumbnail prevail. I checked the box "Enable Peek" in Performance Options, but Windows 10 does not display and switch to the thumbnail that I hover over. I also unchecked "Save taskbar thumbnail preview," but to no success. Please...
  8. What's happening to Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What's happening to Windows 10?: For the last few months, everybody who uses windows on a daily bases is experiencing a lot of bugs, errors, and problems with the windows store, apps, and games. I've got this error code 0x803F8001 when trying to start Prey from xbox game pass for windows. By trying to fix it...
  9. What is happening to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is happening to Windows 10: Hello! I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops. I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop. Everything worked just fine. Then you took away Homegroup and it took me about a week to get my laptops to see the desktop and be...
  10. What is happening to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is happening to Windows 10: Hello! I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops. I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop. Everything worked just fine. Then you took away Homegroup and it took me about a week to get my laptops to see the desktop and be...