Windows 10: What would you like to see in Window 9?

Discus and support What would you like to see in Window 9? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tell us what you would like to see in Windows 9 For me... A metro/modern UI off switch A real start menu Full Kinect integration so I can control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by z3r010, Oct 8, 2013.

1. z3r010 Win User

What would you like to see in Window 9?

Tell us what you would like to see in Windows 9

For me...
    • A metro/modern UI off switch
    • A real start menu
    • Full Kinect integration so I can control the PC by waving my arms like a mad man.

:)

z3r010, Oct 8, 2013

2. N86 v21.xxx-what would you like to see?

i like speed performance batery performance another homescreen like 6700 slide. In 6700 slide on the homescreen are included contact with photos i like this on n86.

shpetimi---01, Oct 8, 2013
  3. jbnnr Win User
    N86 v21.xxx-what would you like to see?

I would like to see "image stabalizer" in the imaging department and less compresstion of the photo or no compresstion at all would be even better What would you like to see in Window 9? :)

jbnnr, Oct 8, 2013
  4. boohbah Win User

decent media centre with all necessary codecs without having to purchase the pro version to get it, or use third party codecs or other media players to see mkv etc.
    a wmp that recognises your tracks and doesnt store thousands of them in an unknown section. thus never having your library correct.
    and stops crashing as soon as you open it whilst it loads your library as it cant handle the numbers.

Assuming the metroish style of icons etc i would like to see a different folder icon and folders change color to the color choice of your theme , i still think there would be good money in a stardock software for this in windows 8.1.

boohbah, Oct 8, 2013
  5. Shadowjk Win User
    I'd just like to see better support for games. Something about 8 just messes things up for me *Sad

Ability to turn off metro will be a massive bonus, especially for enterprise environments where I don't want my users to be surfing on the Microsoft store and weather app all day

Josh *Smile

Shadowjk, Oct 8, 2013
  6. Golden Win User
    I'f like to see a return to something that looks a bit more like W7......lets call it a W7 on steroids.

Maybe 9 is just an 8 without metro?

Golden, Oct 9, 2013
  7. Robinb9 Win User
    Ditto

Robinb9, Oct 9, 2013
  8. What would you like to see in Window 9?

First I would like to say HI to all.

I would like to see choice.
    Let people choose the proper operating system for their hardware of choice.
    No mater which combination of hardware one choose (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop ect.) a customer should be able to choose how to set up their computing needs to match as they see fit.

I have read Kari's post on language. I didn't know of such a problem because I only know and use one language. I agree with Kari. Choice would be the answer to those that use several language.
    If a dummy like me can understand choice is a good thing why can't Microsoft?

Layback Bear, Oct 9, 2013
  9. kado897 Win User
    That's really what is needed. The ability to remove features that are not appropriate to the hardware or the purpose the computer is being used for.

kado897, Oct 9, 2013
  10. PC WizKid Win User
    Things I would like to see in Windows 9:

1. Bring the start menu back.
    2. Optional Metro UI (you have the opition of not installing it etc)
    3. Not so many updates etc.
    4. A proper system restore program at makes screenshots every day.
    5. Better support for programs and games.

PC WizKid, Oct 9, 2013
  11. Stephanie Win User
    I would like to see the implementation from Microsoft of a operating system that has a multi use to assigned hardware, in my case a desktop system.

Stephanie, Oct 9, 2013
  12. Robinb9 Win User
    I would also like to see a way to secure the OS so there are few security updates

Robinb9, Oct 9, 2013
  13. A Guy Win User

I'd like to see Seven with the under the hood improvements of Eight. I like to theme and customize. I want my PC to look good too. I have sufficient power to run my modifications.

I want my PC and it's programs to be on my local machine, not in the cloud.

I want to purchase something once if I desire to have a paid program, not a subscription where they can milk me every year.

I want to have choices on appearance, functionality, etc. that suit MY needs, not Microsoft's.

Quite simply, give me choice, not "our way or the highway"!

A Guy, Oct 10, 2013
  14. Shadowjk Win User
    This is microsoft we're talking about aha *Tongue

That being said if they can make a secure OS to begin with it'll help... Maybe recode it from the beginning rather than recycling old code? On second thought we'll probably end up waiting here for a long time if that happened

Shadowjk, Oct 10, 2013
  15. Stephanie Win User
    I am hoping there will be a RC1 (with users feedback), I had this with Windows 7 and liked it *Smile

Stephanie, Oct 10, 2013
Thema:

1. What would you like to see in Window 9? - Similar Threads - Window

2. Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download): Windows 10 KB5035941 is now available as an optional update for everyone. It comes with several new features, including MSN on the lock screen. This patch is available via Windows Update, but Microsoft has published direct download links for the Windows 10 KB5035941 offline...
  3. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  4. How to launch the old Task Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to launch the old Task Manager in Windows 11: Microsoft launched a redesign of Windows 11's Task Manager some time ago. The new task manager has a different design but also functional differences. Microsoft removed the -- rather useless -- basic mode, added dark mode support, and removed the classic menu bar. Regardless...
  5. Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices: Last week, Microsoft revealed that it started to push its AI Microsoft Copilot to more Windows 10 and 11 devices. The feature, still in preview at the time of writing, shows up as an icon on the Windows taskbar. The tool is enabled on Windows 11 version 23H2 devices by...
  6. Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10: Whenever we install a program on a Windows 11/10 PC, they do not get uninstalled automatically or disappear. We need to uninstall the programs manually. Some users are complaining that installed programs disappear after restarting the PC. In this guide, we show how to fix...
  7. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  8. Fix 0x80073D21 Error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x80073D21 Error in Windows 11: [IMG]This post will help you fix error code 0x80073D21 on your Windows 11/10 PC. This error is reported to occur while installing an Xbox Game Pass game via Microsoft Store. It can also occur with generic apps. When this occurs, you will get the following error message: This...
  9. Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]: [IMG]If the Canon printer is not printing on your Windows PC, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Usually, this issue can occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers, loose connections in a printer, etc. Fix Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC...
  10. Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard: I'm looking for some utility or window manager that provides me with the following ability in oder to code in a easy way. I need to work with two windows vertically, occupying the entire screen. At some point, I would like to be able to press a keyboard shortcut that can...